⋆31༄ Jesse

Hey you! (Sorry for sounding like Joe Goldberg hahaha). I just wanted to say that I know I've been quiet, uploading only once a week and not really responding that much like I used to but it is all for a reason. I'm preparing a surprise, which will be announced at the end of volume 3, and so Ive been working on it for a few weeks now. Trust me, it is worth the wait. I'm so in love with it. You know I don't really spend my time on being idle, so yeah, I've been constantly trying to get it done, day after day. Love you all, thank you for the appreciation on the books! It means a lot, all the votes and comments. Also, when it comes to commenting, I felt quite nostalgic when I saw new readers spam my books like you guys used to. It's such an amazing feeling. Love you all. Enjoy xx

__________

Evening has quickly found us. Colours of rubies and honey pigmented cotton-candy clouds with their luminosity and settled lowly on the mint-blue sky. The vastness of water leisurely rippling beneath it turned dark, almost black, and now worked like a mirror for the fiery rays that reflected in its surface.

More people have joined us after Nathan had rung his friends. I look over at him. He's sat by a bonfire, just like the rest of us. His jewelry glistens thanks to the flames that cast a gold illumination upon his handsome face.

"We should do something," Jeremy speaks up, kicking a half-burnt log that fell out from the pile. Bonfire sparks shoot up in the air, bright and glowing like metal during the process of smelting.

"Like what?" Nathan cocks a brow at him. His tongue piercing comes into view as he opens his mouth.

"I don't know. Anaya's got a free house, doesn't she?" Jeremy turns his attention to her. "Your family's in Edinburgh, you said."

Her facial expression doesn't seem to be as full of enthusiasm as his. "Yeah, I do, but I'd rather not-"

"Come on, don't be boring," Jeremy prompts. "There are just a few of us. It's not like we're going to throw a massive party."

Anaya shifts uncomfortable in her seat. "No, seriously, my parents are going to kill me."

"Your parents are never going to find out," he insists, mimicking her voice.

"I don't think it's a great idea," she mutters, probably feeling pressured.

Jeremy turns his head to my ex-boyfriend. "Nate, what do you think?"

"I think that if she doesn't want us to invade her space, then we shouldn't do it." Nathan's reply conveys a suggestion that Jake should give up on the idea.

"Alright then. Nate's being boring, too. How about you, Ethan? What do you think? And you Kai? Lucy?" He rises a quizzical brow at each single person.

Ethan shrugs. "I'm down."

Lucy mutters, "So am I."

Kai holds Jeremy's impatient stare. "Leave me out of this, mate. If she doesn't-"

"Okay, you're boring as well. How about you, Leah?" he asks the blonde girl who tried to make Nathan go skinny dipping the other day.

"I-"

I cut her off and shoot Jeremy a flinty stare. "Why are you even asking them? Anaya made it quite clear that she doesn't want anyone at her house."

"Did I ask you about your opinion?" he fires back, cross.

Nathan sighs. "Mate-"

"What is she even doing here with us again?" He gives him an irritated look, then diverts his eyes to me. "Shouldn't you be at Reyman's?"