⋆49༄ Sorry

WELCOME TO THE LAST CHAPTER

𝓟𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓭𝓭 17 Last Times to your library after having read this chapter. It will be the last volume of this trilogy. The blurb (story description) is also now available to view. DO IT ONLY after having finished this chapter, please. Let me know in the announcement chapter of 17 Last Times what you think about the description!

If you've got this far and still haven't voted on the chapters, please do ❤

The acknowledgements and everything else can be found at the end of this volume.

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓻

__________

The day with Rayna flew by real quick. Unable to squelch the fashionist in her, she delved into my clothes and picked a few pieces that matched perfectly, I must admit. I'm wearing it now, the black platform Converse, a short-sleeve, chiffon dress, which is pale lavender and the pattern of dainty leopard rosettes. I don't own a vast collection of jewelry, so we agreed on a fake gold locket necklace that I purchased some time ago. It's an ideal touch-up to the outfit because it embellishes the V-neck area of the frock, which left my skin completely bare. Rayna also told me to grab a cropped cardigan in case it gets chilly.

I walk into the kitchen, glad that no one's home. My parents went out. I didn't ask where they were going. It only would've given my mother some unnecessary hope. She probably would've thought that I am slowly moving on from her mistake, but I'm not. I still need more time.

Having approached the sink, I sigh and place my phone on the side. I was asked to do the dishes, which have been left to soak for a few hours. These are always the worst to deal with.

As my hands dive in the gross water, my phone chimes. I quickly blot my skin on the kitchen towel and grasp my cell.

Will:

𝙶𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚡

I lock the screen and gasp as the phone slips from my hand, ending up among the dishes.

"Damn it!" I grumble, hastily fishing it out. I quickly turn it off. I don't want the water to create any electrical inconvenience.

As if I wasn't frantic enough with striving to dry my phone, there is a knock on the door that adds up to my frustration.

"One second!" I shout, which sounds more like an enraged growl.

I put the phone back on the counter and dart towards the door. As I swing it open, I'm taken aback by the individual that waits in front of me.

"Oh, Connor. Hi," I gush. "Sorry for the yelling. I just dropped my phone into the sink."

"Damn." He gives a quiet chuckle. "Sounds like a tough day."

I let him in. "Yeah, something like that."

He turns his head to me as we walk in the direction of the kitchen. "You look really pretty, by the way. Going somewhere?"