Basking with a Basilisk

Last Time:

The Minister dumped out the tiny copy of his memory and set the empty bowl down in front of Remus, "I'm going to need as much detail as possible. Everything about the cloak that you can remember and Sirius' escape."

XXXXXXXXXX

'Persephone, how are you feeling today?' Gloria spoke as she glided out of the water and sat in the patch of sun right next to the large basilisk.

'About as well as can be expected in a hospital type dwelling.' Persephone scoffed in annoyance. 'I'd much rather be looking after those hatchlings especially after what happened. Foolish spiders had no right going on my territory. Tell me, is that minister doing anything about that?!'

The massive crocodile noticed a light blinking on the collar the basilisk was wearing, 'Now do calm down. Your blood pressure is going far too high, my friend.'

'I have every right to be furious. I don't like the greedy brat in charge. That school is unprotected. Also, let's not forget I'M IN A HOSPITAL! I only agreed to come out because my eyes were itchy and I thought this would be quick, but it has been nearly two moons!' The giant serpent hissed.

Gloria groaned, 'You've spent too much time around little ones. You're actually acting like them. Keep in mind that itchiness was a full blown infection and you only started recovering last week. Also, how many times must I tell you it's a sanctuary not a hospital. Believe me, a human hospital is far more boring.'

Persephone scoffed in annoyance, 'I'm centuries older than you so I won't hear such nonsense. Now tell me something interesting instead of chastising me like a hatchling. Let's go back to that question of mine that you didn't answer.'

'Yes, yes. You are quite a stubborn serpent.' The crocodile muttered slightly amused by the use of the 'I'm older' excuse from the snake who acted like a child. 'As I was going to say, the minister was talking to Brian. They are going to have Gringotts call a court hearing to discuss Dumbledore's actions during your extraction.'

'You mean lack of action. While pathetic, revealing that stupidity won't stop that brat from pulling off more of his schemes.' The basilisk hissed, still not liking that Dumbledore was anywhere near impressionable children. 'What he did to Tom was awful. I'll sink my fangs in his flesh the first chance I get.'

Gloria gave a guttural growl that almost seemed cheerful, 'If timed correctly then this should drag Dumbledore out of that school and, hopefully, into Azkaban. I'll tell you more later. Right now you have a guest.'

'A guest? Who-' Persephone was raising her head to see if any humans were in the enclosed domed building a not far away and was happy to see that there was. 'Tom! My little hatchling! How are you? Is everything ok at your new school?'

Tom came out onto the balcony encircling the glass dome with a sanctuary healer, 'Persephone! I missed you! How did you know about that? No one would let me visit until now.'

The blue robed sanctuary healer sighed, "You would've been allowed to visit a month sooner if your friend wasn't so stubborn about taking her medication-"

'That stuff was foul and as you can see I didn't need it!' Persephone hissed, showing off her coils.

The healer leaned over to whisper in Tom's ear, "We mixed the medication in a portion of beef. She never noticed. Her friend down there helped distract her so we could apply scale ointment without her knowing.'

Tom tried to hold back his amusement for the sneaky trick and looked down to see who the healer was talking about, 'Gloria! Hello!' He yelled happily. In an instant he knew Brian's familiar was filling his old friend in on everything going on. He waved at the crocodile as a third person came onto the balcony. Tom jumped slightly surprised by the person's presence.