Treatment for the Soul

Last Time:

Brian smiled and kissed Julian's forehead, "Nothing is wrong. You just gained a rare trait from my family." He said calmly. It just figures the child that has a major trust issue with magic suddenly gains the ability to see auras ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Stephen smiled as he sat down on the floor next to the small child, "Hello Julian. You wouldn't remember me, but I met you when you were first brought to Australia."

"You did?" Julian looked up shyly.

"Yep! I'm Stephen and I teach at the same school your Daddy works at." The dark skinned wizard grinned at he small child.

"Really?" The little boy's eyes widened with curiosity.

Severus raised an eyebrow as Julian relaxed very quickly for being around someone new, "Odd ... he has a unique gift." He commented as he watched the interaction between the dark skinned teacher and child from the kitchen.

Brian leaned against the counter top and nodded, "Stephen is empathic so he can read peoples' feelings and, to an extent, make people relax. He teaches the M&M class for kids and extra sensory classes. I asked him to talk to Julian and help him gain control."

"Control of what exactly?" Severus asked. It had only been one day since the adoption closed and Brian contacted him through Gringotts saying there was a simple change in Julian. Despite the fact that the letter said everything was fine and that a professional was contacted Severus made a point of leaving the second the potion he had brewing was done. He somehow managed to get there before Stephen ...

Brian grinned sheepishly, "Right, I never said ... Julian inherited the ability to see auras from my family. I figured I should tell you before you tried dropping by and saw him panic."

A frown found its way to the potion master's face, "Seeing auras ..." He sighed as he recalled how the poor boy reacted to the simple scan at Gringotts. The runes were enough to scare the boy so he could only imagine how Julian felt when he woke up and suddenly saw auras ... he must've been terrified.

"Now this, Julian, is a color wheel." Stephen said as he pulled out a plastic circle that went from nearly black on the outer edges to brighter shade by shade as you went to the white center and had a little lens made of glass stuck to the circle. "Now the first step is to learn which color means what. Take a look at your Daddy and tell me what you see."

Julian nodded and turned to Brian. "Lots of blues and a little red."

"Yeah, that makes sense." Stephen chuckled and pointed to the blue section and tapped it making a little word appear in the lens that shifted to the blue section. The little word in the magnifying lens was 'calm'. "Blues are calm, but lots of different blues means he can be lighthearted and curious. Your Daddy is very accepting of other people's ideas. Red means temper. If by some chance your Dad gets angry it is strong, but you said a little red so he doesn't get mad easily or very often. Now what about your godfather here?"

The pretty green eyes turned to look at Severus, "Red ... lots of red and little black dots, but it's really ... it doesn't fly around like Daddy's."

Stephen frowned glanced at the potion master as if asking permission before he explained. Severus wasn't an idiot. He knew where this was going and nodded knowing Julian would learn this eventually, "Ok ... Julian, you made a good point. Let's first look at colors then the aura shape. Red was temper. Severus is easily angered by certain things and he is very strict, but this is where the shape comes in. You said his aura doesn't fly around, but you do mean it's more like a glow?" Julian nodded as he glanced at Severus almost nervously as the man would be mad at him. "That's good. The tight aura you see, Julian, is a sign that he has very good control. Severus here won't go flying off the handle no matter how mad he gets. Your Daddy isn't so controlled, but he's very laid back. Now what about me?"