Sleeping Soundly

Last Time:

You know, Brian always wanted a child of his own and it feels right now, with Harry ...

XXXXXXXXXX

For once in Petunia's life she was thrilled to meet a freak even if she couldn't figure out why it was so easy to talk to him. Vernon even took the day off to get these papers signed. Now they were just waiting and not for very long ...

The knocking on the door early in the morning drew their attention and Petunia opened the door, "Oh good, you're early. Let's get this over with." said the muggle wife excitedly as she let Brian in the house.

Brian forced a smile to his face, "My sentiments exactly. Now I wanted to get this all done at once so to warn you a worker from the wizarding bank called Gringotts is coming. Don't freak out when he comes, he won't bite and once its done Harry won't just be out of your hair, he'll be half way across the world." The urge to hit Vernon was very strong. The man looked too happy about all of this and so was his wife.

A sharp popping sound caught their attention and Brian had to clap his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing at the muggles faces when they saw the goblin. It was hysterical! They were about to faint!

"We are here to break the bonds of custody and form an adoption, is that correct?" the goblin asked as he snapped his fingers making one of the chairs lower to his level. Once he stepped on it raised so he could see over the table.

"Yes, sir. Both for magical world and muggle world and I want to continue through with a blood adoption." said Brian as he gently nudged the two stunned muggles snapping them back to their senses.

The goblin nodded sharply, "Very good. I am Griphook and I will be the overseer for these workings. Now no one here is under any pressure or being forced to be here or comply, is that true?" Brain mentally smirked as the Dursleys nodded, the spell he used on them was nothing more than a powerful hypnosis. He isn't forcing them to do anything they didn't want to do. Griphook nodded in satisfaction that no one was being forced into this and a set of papers appeared in his hands. "This first set will relinquish all claims you have to the child in question in muggle world and give it to the adopter. Guardians sign first."

Vernon snatched up a previously prepared pen, "A pen is ok, right?" He wanted no mistakes.

"Yes. Now the child's full name, date of birth, gender and today's date in these spots." instructed Griphook. Vernon nodded and filled in all the information pausing only for a moment to check the date. "Now your full name and initials here and relation to the child in these spots. Once you're done your wife will sign next and initial next to you. If you are the maternal relative then 'maternal' before your relation."

Petunia eagerly took the pen from her husband and signed and dotted. This was also the first time she was happy to write 'maternal aunt' when it came to being related to Harry.

The goblin took the papers and nodded in satisfaction despite his shock that these people just gave away Harry Potter, 'The Boy Who Lived'. "Very good Mr. and Mrs. Dursley. You have given up all rights to your nephew and you are the adopter I presume."

Brian smiled, "Yes I am."

"Good, sign here and initial here." The goblin watched as the wizard signed and took the completed documents a single piece of parchment appeared in his hand. Griphook laid the document out in front of them. "You have completed the breaking of guardianship and adoption of one Harry James Potter for muggle world and this is the document to finish it through magical world. Simply place your finger on the spots. Mr. Dursley, if you please, point here and you will feel a pinch."