Mischievous Minister

Last Time:

"I thought Uncle Sev said I wouldn't get one." The young confused boy panted as his Dad looked at the letter. Brian's eyes widened when he saw the letter was addressed to 'Harry James Potter' ...

XXXXXXXXXX

To Harry James Potter

4 Privet Drive

In the cupboard under the stairs

"Seriously? I lived under the stairs?" Julian asked curiously and looked a bit concerned too as he looked more closely at the letter's envelope. He had only a few memories of when he was young and him recovering in his father's care. Other than that he recalled some nightmares and little glimpses of memories like the bark of a dog or a really fat person, but not a lot about the abuse he knew he was recovering from. Admittedly, something about this letter felt like someone was trying to poke open old wounds with a sharp stick. It made him uneasy.

Brian frowned not wanting Julian to think too much about this when it took years for the bulk of the memories and nightmares to fade, "It's best you don't think about it." He said before handing Severus the letter. The potion master came the second Brian floo called him and he carefully examined every inch of the letter that shouldn't even exist and opened it ...

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards ...

Dear Mr. Potter,

You are have been accepted to Hogwarts ...

"It looks legit, but this isn't right ... Hogwarts should've canceled your letter when you were adopted ... and this information is outdated and Minerva's signature is off. It doesn't look like her handwriting. Magic doesn't make these mistakes. If the school wrote this magically it would be accurate, which means someone wrote this by hand and sent it to the Dursleys thinking you were still there. After all, any owl would look for the person to give the letter to not dump it at a muggle's home, especially not something so personal, unless they were instructed to do so. Dumbledore is the only one capable of this, but why would he think he had to write a letter personally in the first place if the school would've handled it- ... Julian?" Severus paused just as his brain was close to exploding and saw Julian look at the letter almost as if he were in a trance.

The green eyes skimmed the paper, "There are two traces of magic on the letter. I sense a cold greedy aura."

"Dumbledore. I guess really does leave a slimy trail in his wake." Severus answered with a sneer.

Julian smirked in amusement at his godfather's dry humor, "Perhaps ... the other aura is ancient and kind, but trapped in a way ... she seems so very sad and wants help ... I want to stop at Hogwarts." Julian shivered and pulled out his most precious item from around his neck, which was the orb with fluttering soul fragments. "Tom wants to go too it seems." He said as he saw all the little fragments moving against the glass as if trying to get the letter. No doubt the soul was reacting to the familiarity of the letter or perhaps it was one of the auras on the letters.

"We might go, but I think we should talk to the UK Minister." Brian said and raised an eyebrow at the horrified look on Severus's face. "What?"

"I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that you just said that ... either you lost your semi-seer power or there was a new minister elected in the ten minutes I was gone because I can't imagine Cornelius Fudge being very helpful in any respect." Severus remarked sarcastically.