Demon's Den

Last Time:

"Good." Cornelius murmured as he secretly handed the compass to an Auror who was in that booth, but hidden by an invisibility cloak. The small sound of a pop told the minister that the Auror apparated away to get everyone ready to track 'Rita' down ...

XXXXXXXXXX

The dark blue occamy flew around Julian and Sally impatiently as they waited to start their task, 'Finally! Those other fools made my human wait too long!' Tanzanite hissed in annoyance when the groundskeeper named John returned to escort Julian and Sally into the arena just like the three teams before them.

Sally smiled, "It's our turn, right?"

"Yep! Are you ready?" John asked, though he didn't seem as concerned about these two like he was for the other teams.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Let's go!" Sally exclaimed cheerfully as she and Julian followed the groundskeeper.

Julian smiled, "You're not very worried." He said bluntly as he examined the calm aura.

John winked, "I know our school better prepares its students for this." He said, basically saying that he went to Legerdemain in the past.

"That's awesome." Julian said as his occamy settled on his head. Only a minute later they stopped at the large arena door.

"And last, but not least. Legerdemain's team!" The familiar feminine voice announced through the arena.

Tanzanite let a little flame flare out of his mouth in his anger when he recognized Rita's voice, 'That voice ... it's the hidden nasty fool.' He hissed as the door opened letting them into the arena.

Sure enough, when they walked through the door, they saw Rita holding the bell. Of course, there wasn't much time to think about it. They heard John leave the arena and close the door behind them leaving them alone. Barely a moment later their dragon appeared from behind a Boulder blasting fire angrily.

"You got this?" Julian asked casually as the pissed off dragon guarding the gold egg roared.

"Yep!" Sally exclaimed as she skipped towards the dragon.

Julian nodded and started walking towards the bleachers. Despite the cocky smirks from all the other competitors Julian went to the section they were in. As he took a seat he did notice that the minister was in that section too and seemed just as amused as he was at what was happening in the arena.

"So it seems Legerdemain isn't so great. Where's your little teammate? Did she start crying or something?" One of the Durmstrang asked in a condescending tone, making the other competitors laugh.

Julian looked away from the rocky arena and raised an eyebrow, "Did you not see what's happening in the arena?" He commented before looking back at the arena.

All the other competitors finally did what everyone else was doing and what they saw in the arena made their smug jaws hit the floor. "Bloody hell!"

The entire arena was filled with large bubbles. One bubble in particular had the little girl inside. She was just smiling cheerfully and giggling, which seemed insane considering the pissed off dragon was charging at her to get the large gold egg in her arms. To the surprise of many people there the girl just appeared in a different bubble every time it got too close to her. As that pattern continued the dragon was led farther away. However, one empty bubble drifted towards the section where Julian was.

Julian smiled, "The only ones who needed teams or extra help to prepare were your teams." He commented and everyone watched the big bubble touch down in front of them. Once it made contact the previously thought to be empty bubble popped revealing that Sally was inside and holding the gold egg. "As you can see Sally didn't even need my help." He said proudly as he went to help Sally carry the egg, which was almost as big as her.