Rubble of the Past

Last Time:

However, once his shock subsided he used his cellphone to take a picture of the scene in front of him and sent it to Brian ...

XXXXXXXXXX

A wolf made of smoke jumped down from the treehouse it was in and trotted across the river and forest. After the short trip he found a different dwelling in the trees and jumped into the living room segment of the treehouse. The wispy wolf just stared at the tall 21 year old blonde man kneeling on the ground next to a white haired witch and a brown haired man sitting on the couch.

The green eyes of the young blonde man looked up when a little occamy flew out of his hair and spotted the smoke wolf, "You ok, dad?"

"Yes." The wolf said softly before shifting into Brian, albeit with more gray hair. "I just realized how much you've grown-"

"Don't talk like that!" The white haired witch, who turned out to be Aster, scolded. "I'm not going to get nostalgic now. If I do, I'm going to cry. Get over here and hear your first grand baby's heartbeat."

Brian smiled as he went towards the couch where Tom was sitting, "I'd love to! Where's Draco and Cedric?" He asked as he watched the healer press a smooth squishy orb against Tom's slightly swollen belly. It was sending pictures to a little screen that was floating over the coffee table.

Julian chuckled, "Now that they're done fighting I believe they're getting dressed."

"Fighting? About what?" Brian asked with an amused smile as Aster searched for the baby in the belly.

Tom laughed, "Draco is accusing Cedric of being a seer." He exclaimed as a lovely basilisk, Opal, slithered onto the back of the couch and nuzzled his neck.

"He is! How can he be right about so many things and not be a seer?!" A 21 year old Draco exclaimed as he came out to the living fully dressed.

Cedric pouted, "I was joking!"

"You joke a bit too much." The deep voice immediately caught everyone's attention and they turned to see Severus at the floo with Silvia and Sophia. "Are we late?" He asked as he gave Obi, who was perched on the potion master's shoulder, a scratch behind the ear earning a purr.

Julian smiled and hugged his godfather and aunts, "You're right on time."

"Yeah, you can settle something." Draco said and turned back to Cedric. "He joked about the four of us getting together." Cedric said pointedly.

"I said that to tease your jealous ass." Cedric muttered sulkily.

Draco huffed, "You teased about Tom being the first one pregnant. You teased about, very specifically, a museum being made. Not to mention that crack about a swarm of pixies delaying our graduation ceremony a few years back."

Brian raised an eyebrow in amusement, "Perhaps there's something there."

"Quiet, everyone." Aster said as she fiddled with the gem she held against Tom's belly. "Found it!" She exclaimed excitedly and that comment was promptly followed by the little fluttering sound of a heartbeat coming from the screen. "There she is."

Julian grinned, "She ... a little girl. Sirius and Remus will be sad they missed this."

Severus smirked, "They should've taken more care when visiting a sanctuary especially since it ended up being the very one the old Hogwarts acromantulas live at. Those two were swarmed because they spoke too loudly about the new exhibit."

"Really it serves them right, but they were very lucky." Silvia commented with an amused smile.

Sophia nodded, "Yes, Hagrid managed to save them and they got away with only a few scrapes even if they were forced to stay at the hospital. Let them babysit so they don't feel left out." She suggested with a wink knowing the babysitting will be more for the occasional break for the parents and not for Sirius and Remus.