A Wrinkle

Last Time:

Severus glared at the sight of blood on the ground. Those drops disappeared before he could collect a sample most likely due to a cleaning spell, which concerned him. Who was listening and what did they hear?

XXXXXXXXXX

Draco glared down at his father, "Well? ... did you finish reading?"

"Yes." Lucius said sulkily.

"Really? Let's see." The young wizard's golden jackal familiar pounced on Lucius from out of nowhere and grabbed the cursed book. Lucius yelped half expecting to lose flesh because of the curse, but to his relief, his flesh was intact. "What did you do wrong?" Draco demanded much like an impatient mother scolding her child.

Lucius glared, "Why didn't you ask first?! You could've pulled my flesh off if I was wrong!"

"I'm well aware. Now answer." Draco said indifferently. The young blonde had every reason to be furious with his father's earlier rampage. Not only did he haphazardly storm through Hogwarts and put them at risk by ranting in a place Dumbledore oversees he also put Julian at risk. Draco personally wasn't sure about Tom, but he knew Julian wanted to protect him and accidentally giving Dumbledore any leeway puts Julian in danger. Draco refused to allow that.

"Ok." Lucius huffed a little hurt that his son was being mean and his wife snickering on the couch wasn't helping. "I was accusing a person who suffered a soul break of something he did during the negative state."

"What's the negative state?" Draco asked sounding a little like annoyed teacher quizzing a student.

Lucius shot Narcissa a sulky pout for giving a smug smirk, "The negative state is the state that comes after a break in the soul occurs. It describes the unstable nature of the magic and the inability to fully create new memories, which is why referred to as negative. After treatment you haven't gained anything from that state except a worse physical condition that could take weeks to recover from."

Draco nodded, "So if you lashed out at Tom instead of Severus you'd be hurting an innocent teenager who has no clue what you're talking about. Your dark lord is officially dead because Tom is alive. Understand? Are you going to go run amuck again?"

"No." Lucius said sulkily.

"Good. Come on, Sasha. We have the first meet for swim club to get to." Draco said and his familiar chased after him.

Narcissa smiled, "Is this the only summer meet before school or will they meet during the full moon right before school starts? With Sophia and Silvia on their honeymoon you won't have someone designated to make Pepper ups so you aren't exhausted for class the next morning."

Draco sighed, "Some people think it's too close to school, but our herbology professor, Kathy, stepped in for Silvia and Sophia so we can do that too. See you in a couple hours!"

Both parents waved as their son and his familiar flooed away, but once Draco was gone Lucius looked at Narcissa, "Tom?"

"Julian told him. While you were going around bothering Severus, Draco got a text from Julian saying Tom was scared, but otherwise alright and settling in ... we should get him something. What do you think? It should be something simple that might help him with school or just to calm down. A meditation orb?" Narcissa pondered.

Lucius gaped, "How does none of this bother you?!"

"It's a medical condition, Lucius. It wasn't him and I won't treat him like he was him. Now what does bother me is that we apparently spent 7 years in a school that had a giant basilisk in the basement." Narcissa said with a shiver.