Hips Do Lie

Last Time:

'Tell me everything you know.' Persephone hissed as she coiled in a slightly less threatening position. Her crocodile friend wouldn't be back for their usual gossip for a while so she wanted details and Gloria can confirm later.

XXXXXXXXXX

Kathy instructed her bowtruckles to safely lift the leaf of the deadly plant, "As you can see there are spines on the back. A person or creature won't see them and will get slashed by these barbs if they go for the fruit tucked behind the leaves. Can anyone tell me what uses this plant has?"

One student behind Julian raised her hand, "The wicks in potion candles."

"That's one. Any others?" Kathy asked and smiled as a few other students raised their hands. The class continued for 5 more minutes before Kathy shifted the subject. "Now before you go I want you all to check out this field trip. It will be a series of five trips throughout the year starting this weekend. You'll meet three schools in magical Britain and two people, randomly chosen of course, from each school will take part in the tournament. Discuss it with your guardians about this and have a good day." She said as Tom passed out the pamphlets with the details of the Tri-wizard tournament.

The pamphlets were carried out by intrigued students. A moment later most of the students went home except for Tom, Julian and Draco. The boys helped clean off the desks that were sticky from sap and Kathy made them some tea. It was peaceful just chatting for a few minutes as they just took a moment to relax.

Tom smiled at Draco, "Your parents must've been very busy." He said kindly. The older teen knew it must've been hard for Draco during the last couple of weeks and there's probably more to do. Also he got the feeling Draco didn't like him much.

"It wasn't too bad. Dad may have been gone a lot, but mom has had fun scaring the living daylights out of those who printed false information about Julian. She's starting on the Daily Prophet today." Draco muttered not really wanting to talk to Tom. "So how's studying for the MOEs?" He asked mainly because he really wanted to change the subject. Tom may just be trying to be nice, but he didn't want to discuss his feelings with him. Hell, he hasn't even tried to talk to Julian yet about being called out on his jealousy.

"I'm getting there, but it's a lot of information to learn in a small amount of time." Tom admitted.

Julian smiled as Tanzanite plopped on his head, "You'll do fine. Just don't stress over it."

Kathy nodded, "That's very true. Besides, it may seem like a lot, but you're learning at a fast pace. You'll be ready by the time the MOEs come around and then you'll only be a little behind Julian and Draco. For now don't worry about it. As for the coming field trips Brian discussed that you will be staying in a Gringotts' safe house when he is gone over each tournament day."

"Yeah." Tom nodded as he recalled what was discussed with his guardian. "A goblin by the name of Grizzlegore will be escorting me during the days of the tournament. It should only be for a few hours each day. I already spoke to Grizzlegore. He'll be picking me up, but we don't need to go straight to the safehouse. He said we can go visit Persephone too so it won't feel too much like I'm being guarded." He said. Tom understood why Brian wanted to take extra precautions, especially since it was Dumbledore, but it felt a bit unnerving.

Julian smiled comfortingly, "It's only for a few days and this time Dumbledore will be stopped." Everyone jumped when Draco's phone rang. "Who is that?" Julian asked curiously when Draco checked the text and smirked.

As Sasha climbed onto his lap Draco snorted, "My mother says the Daily Prophet trial is starting. She and the goblins will be charging them for every single time they used the name Harry Potter. I hope they get even more." Draco said taking a sadistic joy in this and so was his mother, who was still trying to figure out texting ...