School Time

Last Time:

Griphook handed Severus a letter, "A letter from the Malfoys came for you, Lord Prince." The goblin said and the reaction was priceless ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Brian laughed as he sat next to Julian who was looking at the elegant fountain of a tilted cauldron on top of a potentially unstable stack of books. The water was pouring out of the cauldron and down the books, which looked like they were frozen in mid fall. "So you're a prince now Severus. The twins will love this."

"Very funny." Severus scoffed and looked around the place. The old building was massive. Four stories of solid stone, but it looked more modern than Hogwarts. They were in the courtyard, which was encompassed by the building on three sides. There was a large glass dome on top of the building that was a greenhouse and observatory. In the courtyard was the fountain and as you walk to the building you first go under some arches that has a large wall of floos. If you flooed here you'd be greeted by the beautiful courtyard. This was Legerdemain Academy of Sorcery. "I'll go get the Malfoys, don't let Mickey fall in the water, Julian." He warned before heading for the floos.

"Ok, see you soon, uncle!" Julian called out and watched as Severus left in a flash of green flames.

"Ready to see your school and meet Draco?" Brian asked as a tiny Tanzanite dove into fountain and swam around chasing the little fish.

Julian nodded shyly, "Yes Daddy." He said softly, but was clearly a bit nervous for he clutched his toy wolf close to him.

"Don't worry, Julian. There's nothing to be afraid of. There are still some club activities going on so we'll see a bit of how things work around here as you get a look at where your classes will be." Brian said as he gently ruffled the little boy's hair, which was nearly identical to his own.

'Yes Julian. You're my little human so nothing will hurt you without getting burned by me first.' Tanzanite hissed as he sprang out of the water and twisted sending a sprinkle of water at Aster who was coming down the hall towards them.

"Hi, Aster." Julian said sheepishly as Tanzanite unapologetically perched on his head.

"Hello Julian." Aster said sweetly before narrowing her eyes at the Occamy as he dried her face trying to ignore Brian's snickering. 'You're a cheeky little thing.'

XXXXXXXXXX

Lucius sighed as Severus appeared in the floo of the Malfoy Manor in front of him and his family, "About time. Shall we go see this school that's supposedly so great?" He remarked clearly irritated at the thought that there's a school better than the one most of his family went to. Chances are he's only doing this is for Draco since he would never forgive himself if everything turned out to be true and sending his son to Hogwarts did lead to his son's death. Narcissa was more open minded about this potential change and simply adjusted her hold on Draco so she could nudge her husband for being rude again.

"Glad to see you're chipper this morning, Lucius." Severus said sarcastically as they family of three joined him in the floo. Everything was expected to go well, but the first thing the Malfoys saw upon leaving the floo was Aster speaking parseltongue. "Get over it." He whispered into the adult Malfoys' ears who went rigid as they were reminded of a terrifying time in their lives when a certain snake speaking Dark Lord was around.

"But, Severus, she's speaking parseltongue." Lucius snapped under his breath in an outrage.

"Thanks for clarifying. I would've never figured it out on my own." Severus retorted wryly, but sighed when his friends glared clearly thinking this was a serious matter. "There are over 2000 snake speakers all over the world so getting worked up over a language is not going to help you or Draco."