Disguise

Mother's pov

It's just another Sunday morning as I stand in the kitchen making fresh pancakes for my lovely daughter who is still in bed.
Lately she is pursuing her graduation and as far as I know, her major focus is on her studies and career.

Knowing that I will always be there for her to to save her from the various mishaps of life, I whistle my way around the fridge as I hear the doorbell ring.
" Honey ope-",

how can I forget that he does not live with us anymore.
If only he was......

I wouldn't have to deal with this every weekend.

Shaking off the anxiety I turn my steps towards the door hurriedly,
in case my daughter wakes up.
The door bells are Furious as if someone desperately wants the door to be answered

Taking my time in opening the door,
I am met with the sight of a bouquet filled with orange and white Amaryllis flowers which symbolize 'splendid beauty' and a wrapped box, just as every weekend.

Strangely today, there was another packet which looked like it had a letter.
I opened it slightly and took out the paper. It read,

"My dearest Y/N's mother,

I know you don't let any of my gifts be received by your beloved daughter.
I get so. You're trying to protect her.
But why protect her from her guardian angel himself?

I know you won't stop, so I think it's about time I give you some presents as well.
So long,
Yours Faithfully."

I sigh in defeat.
Wrapping it up, I pushed my hand further into the packet only to be surprised at the sight of a Black rose.

Black rose...

The time has come. It is now necessary for me to send my daughter far away by any means necessary.
This man... Is not here to play.

.
.
.

*Timeskip 2 years*

Y/N's pov

Opening the window of my apartment in Chicago, I feel the cold wind rush in.
I wonder what great deeds I did in my past life to be experiencing all this.

Everything has been perfect, I don't have to work part time since my mom sends me living expenses. My graduation is gonna be completed soon..
The only flaw is that lately, my mom hasn't been calling me.
It's been almost fifteen days now.
I don't have any other relatives ever since dad left us, so I can't get in contact with her.
She must be fine.. Right?

I suddenly got a call from my landlady asking for the rent.
I transfer her the dollars which were supposed to be my reserve money.

Mom forgot to send me money this month.
Maybe the profits weren't stacking up.

I guess I gotta catch part time jobs now.
.
.
About two days later, I got a call from Daegu, my hometown.
It was from

.. the Daegu Beaurae of Crimes.

A man with a deep voice informed me that my mom is not alive anymore and I need to visit Daegu to claim her corpse in order to start an investigation.