Selfish

"Such a beautiful couple;
How did they end up this way?"
A common chant prepared by the society for a bond so tragic.
.
.

"Say aaah", a man, strong in built but feeble in manner feeds a spoonful of porridge to a gloomy female figure; pitiable for most.

She lifelessly sits in a wheelchair glancing somewhat lovingly at her fanciable husband, Song Mingi.
It has almost been half a decade since they are married but one could still see through their heart-rending bond.

While Min Hee battles her ailing mental health issues, Mingi stays right next to her. He selflessly loves her.
If her life be called a tornado, Mingi was its eye;
A point where all her problems would melt right into his embrace.

She quietly peeps from the shotgun seat, contently watching Mingi walking towards the car with a heavenly smile plastered across his lips.

Stepping inside, he exclaims about the weather being exceptionally nice to which she only smiles while looking outside.
They are heading towards the therapy centre before Mingi leaves for work.
Life has been this way for them since a while now.
Nothing peculiar happens in their life so the couple tends to find solace in ordinary.

"Did you take your meds?", Mingi asks.

She silently nods in denial.

"good thing I had once put one of the vitamin shots in your bag.
Lemme just...", he gently stoops down to level with her gently unwrapping a sterile syringe, filling it with a colorless chemical fluid and inserting it into her partially numb vein.

"I'll see you then", Mingi waves his brightest farewell to Min hee before his luxurious car drifts off.

His profession actually makes it quite easy for Mingi to deal with Min hee's illness

His medical certification proved to be of crucial use in treating his wife, yet to no effectivity did she show any signs of movement.

Ever since she sustained an injury in her spinal cord five years ago, Min hee was partially paralysed. Her condition was rare since paralysis wasn't the entirity of the problem, but the fact that the reports said otherwise;
Contrasting with her bodily movements, equaling to none.
Yet in all this storm, Mingi has never once forgotten to take care of her. He timely fed her and timely injected her. Love was also in no way a scarcity to their bond.
Just a thought that one day she would wake up and put an end to this misery kept her going.