Coffee Shop - Joshua

'Ding'

The tingling sound of a bell echoes in my ears as a shiver traces across my skin giving me some unprecedented goosebumps.

It was time for him to arrive.
He was here.

If somehow I couldn't manage to be here on time.. Like this morning,
I wouldn't be able to see his face.
Nothing peculiar happened this morning..
I just ran past my mom yelling at me to take a fresh batch of burritos to my next door neighbor. Phew I'd have been stuck long with a bunch of oldies.

Although she knows there's someone obliviously waiting for me at the coffee shop every, I don't get it why she still attempts to make me socialized every single morning.

After my adventurous escape, finally, I'm sitting here alone, in my world of dreams....
Wondering how could I ease the pain of a one sided infatuation.

It is until I realize, he was already here.
Though, unable to lift my head fully up, my eyes scan the room all the way across the counter from my wooden chair until they stop at the glimpse of a figure, settling in his seat.
The man looks quite amicable from afar as he smiles at the waitress who definitely doesn't delay in returning it.

He wears a casual t-shirt with a blazer on, looking stylish enough to steal my heart in a blink

Actually it has been a week since I've been coincidentally encountering him at the cafe 'El Noir' where I go everyday to spend some time reading.
Reading.. Ppft.. I mean staring.
He's handsome to the point that the Eren Yeager in my sight on the dead plant material gets plain ignored.

"Ma'am would you like a refill?", the waitress comes near me.
I think she knows I come here everyday in hopes of talking to the male but my coward self keeps feeling as if he will reject even a 'hello' from me.
Some people just look like that.

Nevertheless, today I have plans of approaching him.

"No, thank you", I reply as I get up and walk towards the seat whereupon the said man sits lesuirely sipping his cappuccino.

With a confidence surge, my steps halt right behind the man;
Walking further ahead due to lack of words in my head.
Damn I should've practiced what to say.

The waitress seems to have marked me as a worthy opponent as she brushes past me arrogantly, causing my shoulder to jerk.
The moment I walk ahead of his seat with pursed lips and clenched fists, a voice from behind startles me as if a ghost hung his icy hands across my shoulder.

"um excuse me... You dropped this"

The man whom I was loosing sweat upon for initiating a chat, himself confronted me, what pious deeds did I do in previous life?

It is safe to say that my handkerchief saves the day.

"Ahh thank.. you", I could only stutter as my line of sight traces his path over to me after picking up my handkerchief.
I wonder if it is just me or does he look amused at the sight of me?