Petite Gamble

The casino is usually tightly packed at this hour, a thought crossed my mind as my black stiletto heels clicked upon the glimmering black marble floor, satisfying my mind in unusual ways.

Crystal chandeliers rained shimmery golden lights adorning my grandeur appearance.
Tables set ablaze with greedy gamblers with wolf eyes on girls clinging to rich men around, waiters carrying mysterious pouches other than normal drinks in their trays and people of all sorts, making bets with furrowed eyebrows.

Among all tense or victorious faces, there emerged a familiar face, devoid of any expression.
Six guards hawking around him with machine guns ready to shoot anyone who tried to harm even a hair on the man's body.

"Here he is
.
.
Mr. Hansol Chwe", I mumble to myself before making my way towards the dreadable table.

Seeing him in person was nearly impossible; and everyone knows once he steps out of this casino, he vanishes into thin air

Only two types of people keep tabs on his arrival at the casino.
Fans and... Assasins.
He never visits at the same time twice.

While most people try to win his bets in order to win his attention, my plan is to keep loosing until he gets suspicious of me.
So I proceeded.

"Ma'am are you sure you want to keep playing?
You might go bankrupt if you loose this game", the croupier (table tender) was kind enough to warn my reckless self.
But I wasn't one to back off.
It was because the man I wished to nudge, was now stealing glances at me.

"number Seventeen", the croupier declared.
Most people around me packed their hands because this was the fifth game that Vernon won in a row, completely defeating his last opponent, at the edge of bankruptcy.

"seems like I wasn't really lucky today", I shot up my eyelids to put on a smile only to realize,
His beautiful dark orbs were already set on me.

"Good game", I got up from my seat and left.
The fact that he rests his eyes on me as I leave was confirmation enough that I am successful.
.

 The fact that he rests his eyes on me as I leave was confirmation enough that I am successful