The white snake's bride

"Ahh its so hot today", Jihyo complained, fanning her fragile fingers to her face, expressing her disapproval of full-time school in summers.
"Right", I whine looking up to the sky with a frown on my face.
Beads of sweat started appearing right when I got out of the shower. I knew today couldn't be worse.

As soon as we walk in the proximity of our class, loud cheers were being heard,
SEONGHWA
SEONGHWA
SEONG-

Ah yes why not.. The Loki of my life.

Never has he missed a chance to annoy me throughout this sophomore year

Once while arm wrestling, he bruised my arm, the mark still remains there.

If it was for me I would have made him graduate a year earlier, or perhaps never let him pass kindergarten because that's where he belongs.

No sooner did I slide the wooden door leading to the commotion, than a book met my face.
*SPLAT*

"WHO THE HECKKK", I shout on top of my lungs, already annoyed at the students, first thing in the morning and the gossip girls didn't make it less frustrating every minute they were giggling right under my nose, cherry red now because of the book's impact.

"Y/n I'm sorr-", the culprit frowned while walking over to me from the other side of the room.

"Stop acting like you care.
You, of all people
most probably did this purposefully", I could not contain my anger anymore.

"Chill Y/n, Seonghwa was attempting to hit that snake.. That...

Gosh.. Where did it go", murmurs were heard all around the class causing random people to pull their feet up leading to several squeaks here and there.

It was until, A mystically white, unmarkingly beautiful snake crawling on the window pane caught my eye.
"That?", I point to it.

"Omo Seonghwa kill it. hurry up", one of the girls almost dragged Seonghwa's shoulder down.

Amongst the ruckus, I felt the need to save the helpless creature.
"STOP IT!", my shout made Seonghwa freeze in his shoes.

Walking up to the shimmery white scaly reptile, I gently grab the snake behind his head while it wrapped its tail around my arm in defense.
Leaning on the window, I stoop over to let it go towards the green bushes.

"And.. Thats done", I smile with my hands up in the air.

The whole class, as if cheering for me, threw finger hearts at me, before Jihyo pointed out,
"Oh Y/n, did it bite you??"

She pointed towards a familiar looking, rash-like mark which I guess, wasn't present on my wrist when I came to school.

"umm..na..i don't think so.
This... I don't know", I scratch my head before going back to my seat.
As I sit, I feel two eyes digging on me.

"What now", I turn my face back to Seonghwa, who was continuously glancing at me.

"Have you got an eye back there girl??", his gasp pleaded guilty.

"Look, I'm sorry about that.. earlier", he scratched the back of his head.

Noticing his nervous, yet cute act, I unintentionally chuckle,
"Do you have hair lice or something.. Why you scratching like that Boi?", his face changes back to a disgusted one, accompanied by silence.

Yes I won this argument.

By afternoon, rain started pouring heavily.
Right during the break?

Aw what a pity.
Atleast it took the sun away.

"Ooh some God out there must be listening to me. Thanxx", I tell Jihyo who sits next to me.

"I'll be back from the washroom", I walk out of the classroom, glancing outside the corridor windows, enjoying the rain.
I look back at my wrist and the glittery mark was still there.
I wonder where I got it from.

Looking up, as I bump into somebody, my eyes meet two honey brown orbs, as if they were shining in sunlight.
"ah sorry", I step back to admire this man's sharp facial features.
He look severely unfamiliar, yet enchanting in some way.
His fox-like eyes, plump lips and chiseled jaw, almost softened as he broke out in a smile.

Is this handsome guy.. smiling at ME?

"um are you new here?", I manage to ask.

"ah.. Why.. Ah yes
I'm pretty new here.", a voice, deep yet had crystal clarity in his dialect.

"If it wasn't for you.. I would have been killed", he suddenly steps ahead and before I know, my hand rests in his, while his lips leaned in to kiss my wrist.

Utterly shocked, I detangle my hand from his grasp.
"wh.. What are you doing..
you.. PERVERTT"

His eyes widen in shock,
"What's a pver..per..ver?"

"Im leaving bye", I step to storm away from his strange self before I feel a tight grasp on my wrist.
Looking back at him, the smile never left his face.
His eyes squint as if he is rejoicing, but as soon as he opens them, his eyeballs look no longer the same.
They have turned into slender green chisels, unlike the brown orbs from before.

"who even are you", I ask him through gritted teeth.

"My name is San.. And I'm here to take you..
My beloved wife", he smirks at this sentence absolutely contradicting his smile, a second ago.

"WIFE", a cry could be heard as if someone hurt himself.
Looking that way, Seonghwa was seen walking over towards us, rubbing his head which he injured by the open window above him, when he got up out of shock while eavesdropping.

"I knew", Seonghwa sighs as he pulls my hand away from San's grasp.
"what", I am so lost.

"Y/n,
This is the white snake you helped today back in morning.

The moment I saw that mark on your wrist, I knew he's a shrine snake.
That mark he left there, is a sign of a bond...
That you are to be his wife.", a drop of sweat glides down Seonghwa's forehead as he continues while looking at San, dead in the eye,

"You..You are not taking her from me.", he approaches towards me, pulling up my shirt's sleeve, revealing a familiar mark at my forearm's elbow joint.

I gasp at the fact that he knew about the mark.
"Because.. She is.. already mine."

___________________X__________________