Chapter Four: The Man Behind the Name

Two hours later...

The line seems endless to you. You've hardly moved and it's already been two hours! How famous is this guy? As the line continues to slowly inch along, you require a desire to quench your thirst. Standing in line for all this time has made you very thirsty.

"I can't believe we're actually going to meet him!" A girl, a little younger than you, squeals to her friend.

"And get his autograph!" The friend squeals in response.

You look back at the two girls, and then look forward once more. But as your head is turning, to your right up against the wall, resides a vending machine. The distance is pretty far from the line, so you question if it's worth going to. A long sigh of relief and despair escapes your mouth as you look at the bottled water just waiting to be bought. Biting your lip, you turn around to face the two girls.

"Would you mind holding my spot for just a moment?" You ask the girls with an almost pleading smile.

They look at each other for a moment, "I suppose we can do that."

"Thank you so much." You say with a relieving sigh.

Lifting up the red velvet rope, you make your way quickly to the vending machine. Sensing the eyes of those in the line following your every move, you want to make this as fast as possible.

Placing you money into the machine, you select a bottle of water, and take it out of the machine once it's vended. Undoing the cap, you take a drink as you make your way to the forever-going line.

"Thank you." You say to the two girls, lifting the red velvet rope once more, joining the line.

The smile the two girls give each other alarms you. Staring with confusion, you turn your back to them.

"Help! Security! We've got a line cutter over here!" The girl screams from behind you, causing you to jump immensely.

"What?" You sneer, staring back at the two giggling girls. "That's a lie! I only went to get a water!"

"You know the rules, no leaving the line." Answers the other girl, giving you an evil smile at the end.

"I didn't know that! You didn't tell me-" You begin, but suddenly see the shadows of two large figures on the ground next to you. Gulping, you swallow in fear.

Two sets of hands grab onto your arms, making them useless to your control. The security guards lift you off the ground like you're the weight of a feather.

"No! Stop! Put me down- I've been in this line for two hours!" You yell, resisting the grasps of the security guards.

"Guys-Guys, let's not make a scene here! Please return her feet to the ground." The voice of a man says over the screams of those in the line.

You feel your feet roughly return to the ground, as you move the hair that hangs in front of your face. "Thank you, someone has some common sense-" You begin, but then suddenly stop, as your eyes meet those of one of the most handsome men you've seen.

"Are you alright, Miss?" Asks the man, extending a hand to you.

"Yes, I'm quite alright." You answer, taking the mans hand. "Thank you for the concern."

"Then I'm glad." The man responds, flashing a gorgeously white teeth smile to you. "I saw you get out of line to go to the vending machine, so your innocence is known to me."

You sigh slightly in relief, "Well, thank you."

"Now, what would you like me to sign?" The man asks, clicking a pen in his hand.

"Wait- You're Markiplier?" You ask, completely stunned and surprised.

"That indeed I am." Answers the man, you now know to be, Markiplier.