Chapter Six: Roses For Rumors

You knock on the door of the hotel room, "Let me in!"

"You're home!" You hear Clementine squeal as the sound of the locks are undone. Clementine smiles at you for a moment as the door opens, but then screams as she sees your eye.

"Would you keep it down!" You sneer, closing the door quickly behind you, "Where's Mom?"

"She went to go pick us up some dinner, she'll be back soon." Clementine speaks, unable to take her eyes off of your face, "What happened to you?"

You sit down on your bed, throwing the two pieces of the shirt at Clementine, "He's what happened."

"He did that to you?" She questions, her skin turning white like a ghost.

"No!" You protest, "Some guy trying to
steal your shirt, well whatever's left of it, because it's signed."

"It's signed?" She scours the pieces and looks as if she's about to cry when she finds his name scribbled on the piece of fabric. She suddenly throws her arms around your neck, "Thank you."

As long as she's happy, a nice black eye is worth it, "That's what I'm here for, right?"

"Mom is going to flip when she sees your eye." Clementine says, examining it closely.

You roll your eyes, "It's not like I asked someone to deck me in the face."

A knock at the door causes you to stand and look out the peep hole to see a man holding a vase of roses. Unlocking the door, the man stands tall, "These are for a Miss •*•Your Name•*•?"

"That would be me," You respond, taking the large vase of flowers into your hands, "Thanks."

As the man walks away, you kick the door close, placing the flowers on a small table in the room. The roses are gorgeous, but you wonder why on Earth they were sent.

"Why would someone send you flowers?" Asked Clementine as she touches the rose petals gingerly.

Finding a card hidden deep within the leaves, you read it;

"I tipped the cab driver extra for supplying me with your address. Hope to see you back at Comic-Con again tomorrow. Admission is on me. Bring your sister too, I would love to meet her. -Whoever you are"

"What does it say?" Clementine questions as her eyes plead into your soul.

You hoped you would never have to see that man again, but if it would make your sisters dreams come true, how could you deny her this chance?

"They're from Markipli- I mean Mark. He wants us to come back to Comic Con tomorrow as an apology, I suppose,
so you can meet him."

"Me? He wants to meet ME?" She practically screams before running over and face planting into the bed pillows.

You feel shots of pain from your eye as you hear the door of hotel room unlock. Your mother enters with what looks like bags of Chinese food, "Sorry I took so long... What happened to you!"

Feeling embarrassed, and not wanting to worry your mother, you lie, "I fell and my hand hit my eye, it's nothing."

She raises an eyebrow, "I'm not sure I believe this story..." You watch as she gives Clementine the food and picks up the two pieces of the shirt.

"When I fell, it ripped." You quickly say as you watch her eyes light up when she spots the roses.

She reads the card, "Care to explain this one?"

"They're from Markiplier." You respond while feeling warm, "He helped me when I fell."

"Well, this all seems very strange... Do you think he would mind if I came along?" Your mother questions as you see Clementine face palm.

"Mom! That's so embarrassing!" Cries Clementine as she burrows her face into the bed pillows.

"I'm sure he wouldn't." You respond with a smile, "In fact, why don't you take Clementine and I'll stay here?"

"No!" Shouts Clementine, "I may be sick and contagious, but I want to be at Comic Con with you, too! Please!"

"Clemmie, I-" You begin as her eyes plead into your soul, "I guess I'll come."

"Knew it." She says with a laugh.

"All right, everyone. Let's eat, and then we'll get some ice for your eye." Says your mother as the three of you begin to feast on rice and chicken.

•••

:)