Chapter Nine: Texts of Triumph

Months Later...

"Clementine, do you have that game Mark sent me?" You yell down the steps, waiting for her to reply.

"If I did, would you be mad?" She questions innocently, peeking her head around the staircase corner to look at you.

You laugh, "No, I would just like it back."

"Well, I guess." She replies while running up the stairs towards you.

Walking into her room, she pulls out a box from under her bed with Markiplier Memory Box written on top of the lid. Your face scrunches together as you raise an eyebrow. Strange, but expected from your sister.

"Here." She says, reluctantly handing you the PS4 game box. "Make sure you tell him that I missed him."

You smile down at Clementine, "Of course, I always do."

Walking down the steps to the basement, you put in the game and await Marks text. He said you two would play this game tonight.

Hey! Are you ready to play?

Of course!

Great! I'll be online in a minute.

Don't be too long! I'm excited to kick your Stormtrooper butt!

Funny, real funny.

LOL, but really, hurry.

OMW!

You see his icon go online as the Skype call begins.

"Hey, Markimoo." You moo at the end of your greeting, laughing.

"I can't tell you how many girls moo at me from across a convention," he laughed. "I'm almost surprised you didn't."

You roll your eyes out of view, "You shouldn't be."

"I know." He replied while fixing his hair. "I was simply amusing you with some humor."

"I would rather you amuse me with a nice game of Battlefront." You smirk while raising your eyebrow.

He smiles, "Is that a challenge?"

"You better hope the force is with you."

"Bring it on." He grovels while cracking his knuckles into the microphone.

•••

"Another round won for me!" You pridefully boast while drawing another line onto the scoreboard upon your dry-erase board, "I had foreseen it."

Mark let out a hmph before smiling, "Okay, Palpatine. I think that might be all for me tonight."

"You? It's even later here where I am!" You laugh, "But don't worry, I know how desperately Markiplier needs his beauty rest."

He laughed, "How's Clementine?"

"Forever missing and loving you." You reply with a dashing smile while taking a sip of hot chocolate. "The usual."

"Tell her I miss and love her, too." He smiled sweetly.

"When should I plan the wedding?" You reply while twirling a piece of hair with your fingers. "I will need a few months in advance."

"How about planning our first date instead?" He questioned with hopeful eyes as they stared at you through the screen.

You stare at him blankly and in shock. "Mark, I thought we agreed..."

"I know, I know, but I just can't wait any longer." He replies, "It's really not a big deal for me to catch a flight to Pennsylvania."

"Mark, no," you state. "That's too much."

"I promise, it's not," he replies simply. "What do you say?"

You smile widely, "That's- That's perfect!" You clear your throat for a moment feeling slightly embarrassed, "I mean, sure."

He laughs sweetly, "It's a date. We'll send each other details. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." You say while ending the Skype call, sighing happily as you do.

"Are you two going to get married?" Clementine asks sweetly from behind you, causing you to almost fall off your chair.

"Clem!" You yell while catching your balance, "No-No!"

"Oh, okay." She replies with a devilish smile on her face. "I guess we'll see. You know, some people get married within weeks of knowing each other, you two have known each other for months."

"I've heard enough, I'm going to bed." You say while jumping onto your bed, pulling the covers tightly up to your chin.

"Goodnight." She says while shutting your door.

What were you getting yourself into?

•••

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!