Chapter Fourteen: Los Angeles Speciality

"Here we are," Tyler states as the car pulls into the driveway. Relief and happiness seem to take control of your emotions. "Home sweet home!"

The house is stylish, but also expensive looking. How much did being a successful YouTuber pay? Obviously quite well by the looks of this place. "It's beautiful," you say while stepping out of the car and shutting the door.

"I'll get your bags," Ethan offers while striding towards the trunk, whistling a happy tune to himself. "Mark, you can get your own," he laughs with a wink in your direction.

"Hilarious," replies Mark in a sarcastic tone as he grabs his belongings from the trunk.

You smile before following Tyler inside the house. The outside didn't even compare with the inside. It's elegantly styled with a hint of modern edge to some pieces. And for some reason, one you can't quite pinpoint, it feels like home.

"Chica!" Yells Tyler as the golden retriever comes bounding over towards you, sliding on the hardwood floors. "Chica, come back here!"

"Hi, Chica!" You speak in a baby voice while kneeling and petting the dog as her tail thumps on your leg. Laughing, you cuddle Chica as she lays down in your lap. "You're such a good girl, and a pretty one, too!"

"Thank God you're a dog person," Tyler remarks with a quiet laugh as you look up at him with a kind smile. "She seems to love you already, won't Mark be jealous."

"All your videos went up on time," Ethan remarks and he and Mark enter the home with the luggage, shutting the door behind them. "Nothing has happened here, but Chica has sure missed-- never mind, looks like you've been replaced."

"Never!" You retort as Chica walks over to Mark happily while wagging her tale. "Most dogs favor strangers when they first meet them."

     You suddenly yawn, unable to control it. The energy you possessed upon arrival is now gone as the time difference is starting to set in. "I'm not used to being so behind on time," you state while rubbing your eyes. "I might crash on the couch for a bit."

"You can sleep in my room, if you'd like," Mark offers with a soft smile as he picks Chica up off the ground. "In the meantime, we'll prepare a 'Welcome to Los Angeles Dinner'."

"The couch is fine, I promise," you reply while making your way over to it. Resting your head on a pillow, you close your eyes as Mark drapes a blanket over you. Chica climbs up on the couch with you, laying on your back.

"My favorites girls," you hear Mark whisper as a gentle smile forms on your face before you start to feel your eyes go heavy and the talking behind you muffle into gibberish.

    You wake up and become rather startled. You're no longer on the couch, but in a bed. Chica's head rests on your chest as you listen to her soft snores. You're tucked in all neatly under the covers with fluffy pillows to support your head. What happened?

The bedroom door slowly starts to creak open as Mark's head pops in to see if you're awake yet. Chica's head lifts up to look at Mark as she lets out a small whimper. "How did I get up here?" You ask while stretching your arms in the air as Mark steps inside the room.

"I carried you," Mark replies simply with loving eyes as he sits at the bottom of the bed. "You didn't seem comfortable on the couch, so I brought you up here. You know, (Y/N), you're a very deep sleeper."

"Runs in the family," you reply with a giggle. "Thanks, but you didn't have to."

"Chica wouldn't leave your side," he states with a grin. "Even when dinner was being made-- I think I see where I stand."

     "She'll be bored with me after a week," you reply while sitting up in the bed. "I'm surprised you aren't  yet."

     "With your energy, no one could be," he laughs before standing from the bottom of the bed. "Dinner should be ready in a few. If you want to freshen up, the bathroom is through that door on the left there. I'll leave you to it."

     He shuts the door after leaving. Chica's tongue hangs out as you scratch her ears for a moment. Standing from the bed, you make your way towards the bathroom. All you can smell is men's cologne and shaving cream. You inhale deeply, the smell calming your nerves. What was it about those kind of smells that made them so comforting?

     After washing your face and fixing your hair, you and Chica decide it's time to go see what's cooking for dinner. You make your way slowly down the steps as Chica rushes past you. The scent of chicken reached your nose, but also the smell of maple syrup. Reaching the kitchen, you see that four placemats are set out and four drinks are poured.

"Smells great," you state, nearly giving Ethan a heart attack. "What's cooking?"

"No!" Shouts Tyler as his hands quickly cover your eyes, blinding your sight. "The masterpiece isn't ready! Close your eyes and I'll lead you to your seat."

"Okay," you respond suspiciously as Tyler pulls out your chair for you. You sit down. "Can I open them?"

"Not yet," replies Mark as you hear food being placed on the plate before you. "Open them!" He shouts in anticipation.

Your eyes fix themselves on one of the oddest food combinations you've ever seen-- chicken and waffles! You smile at the three men as they await your response. "This looks delicious!" You shout while your mouth begins to water.

"Los Angeles speciality!" Replies Mark proudly as they all show a prideful facial expression. "Only seemed right."

"Ethan, you forgot the syrup!" Shouts Tyler as he makes his way to the fridge and grabs the bottle before pouring some on your waffles. "You barbarian, expecting her to eat waffles with no syrup!"

Everyone laughs loudly besides Ethan for a moment before he joins in as well. They all now put pieces of chicken and stacks of waffles on their own plates before Mark holds up his wine glass. "A toast to (Y/N) as she starts a new chapter in her life here with us," says Mark as everyone now raises their wine glasses. "May we all experience nothing but happiness."

"To (Y/N)!" Ethan and Tyler shout before the glasses all clink together as you take a sip of wine.

You dig into your meal, giving it a high rating. Dinner is full of jokes and laughter, memories and stories. You feel more at home every second with these people, as though you've never even left Pennsylvania. Chica rests by your feet as Mark feeds her pieces of chicken here and then. You feel as though this is where you were meant to be and thank your lucky stars for chasing after Mark.

•Author's Note• Give me some ideas for new Fanfiction's to write! Markiplied is my #1 priority right now, but in time I would love to have a second book in the works!