Chapter Twelve: Sealing the Deal

"Here's your order," you say while handing a pleasant looking woman her coffee. "Enjoy the rest of your day."

     Your elbow rests upon the counter while your head is in your hand. You sigh while thinking things over. Were you really making the right decision by staying? What if you never saw him again or if he took last night as a send off? You gasp, causing nosy customers to look your way. You suddenly realize that you never said you loved him back. You never said you loved him! But what would that matter if you weren't going to go out to California with him? Nothing would ever transpire...

     "Can I have a vanilla mocha?" Asks a man while pulling out his wallet. "How much?"

     "Three dollars," you reply with no emotion in your tone, almost as if you were a robot. He hands you the money while raising an eyebrow. "Thanks."

     He doesn't know you love him, and to text him or call him now would not be the same as telling him in person! You had to make it to the airport before he left-- he has to know. Looking over at the clock you see that it reads four twenty. Your boss passes to go speak with some customers about their coffee and their kids.

     "Miss Angela!" You yell, causing her to turn around. "I have to ask a favor of you."

     "What is it now, (Y/N)?" She questions while pulling you aside and out of sight. "I really don't have the time to discuss anything when it's not during your break."

     "Can I please clock out early today?" You ask as her face scrunches up in disinterest. "I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't something important."

     "Absolutely not," she replies in a harsh tone. "Unless you're dying or having a baby you are not allowed to clock out early."

     "Please, you don't understand," you begin but watch as her eyes narrow into your own.

     "I run a business here, Miss (Y/N)," she says while beginning to walk away from you. "If you can't handle working here under my rules-- then I suggest looking for other employment."

     You take a deep breath. "I quit," you say quietly causing her to stop in her tracks and look back at you. Your heart is pounding within your chest so loudly that you can hear it in your ears. You smile. "Thank you for employing me in the first place, but I'm done working here."

     Taking off your apron, you hand it to her, and run out the door. You're doing it, you're really going to go to California. You finally realize that you didn't want to stay here and work this job, you wanted to be with the man you love and doing something you love, even if you had no idea what that would be yet. You keep running down the street, running freely with no cares. You had time-- you were going to do this!

     "I'm home!" You yell, out of breath, while opening the front door. "I'm going to do it-- I'm going to go! I just quit my job at the shop."

     Your family stares at you in shock but then begins to cheer. "Hurry and go pack your things!" Shouts your mother as everyone seems to be in a rush. "We'll drop you at the airport-- you'll get there faster with us then in a cab!"

     You pack everything that could fit into a suitcase and accepted your parents generous donation. Everyone piles into the car, including Clementine, as you make your way as quickly as possible to the airport. The ride is smooth for the most part, until you reach the airport. Cars are lined up to get to the airport. Everyone is at a standstill, but you can see the doors of the airport from where you are.

     "Time check?" You frantically ask, holding the suitcase in your lap.

     "Four-forty five," replies your mother in an anxious tone.

     "I'm going to get out and run," you say while opening the car door and putting your suitcase on the pavement. "I have to if I'm going to have any chance at all."

     "We love you so much," your mother says as you reach over the seats to hug her and your father. "Whatever happens, we'll be here."

     Clementine's eyes have tears welled up in them as you squeeze her tightly. "Don't forget about me, okay?" She asks sweetly.

     "Never in my wildest dreams could I forget about my sister," you say while stepping out of the car, suitcase in hand. "Goodbye, everyone!" You shut the car door, taking a deep breath. Here's the beginning of a new chapter in your life.

     You take off running towards the airport, breathing heavily and feeling sweat start to form on your forehead. This suitcase was heavier then you remembered it being a minute again. Your sneakers couldn't carry you fast enough as you finally ran through the automatic doors of the airport. Many suspicious eyes stare your way as you pant heavily while walking towards the ticket window.

     "I need-- I need one ticket to Los Angeles, California for the five o'clock departure," you say breathlessly as the man raises his eyebrow before handing you the ticket. "Thank you, thank you!" You says with a radiant smile while running to drop off your luggage.

     After being checked by security and handing off your luggage, you make your way quickly towards where the gate should be. You run up the escalator and frantically look around at the crowd of people. Then you see the back of his familiar black hair, as he too is looking around the lobby, most likely searching for you. You start running towards his direction as he turns around. A look of confusion overtakes the expression on his face before a giant grin appears after realizing it's you. You throw your arms around his neck, kissing his cheeks rapidly as he twirls you off the ground. His arms embrace you tightly as you bury your face into his neck.

     "You made it," he says before kissing you gingerly. The passion and love that could be felt by his kiss sent a spark through your entire body.

     Tears seem to well up in your eyes as he lets you back onto the ground. He holds your face within his hands, staring down at you in shock and admiration. "I couldn't-- I couldn't let you go, Mark, I love you," you whisper as he gleams down at you. "I love you!"

     "You love me?" He asks innocently. "You do?"

     "Yes, I do!" You reply while wiping a tear from your cheek. "I was so afraid because I never told you I loved you last night, and then I couldn't leave work early to come and tell you so I had to quit my job," you pause as though to catch your breath. "I love you and want us to work, so I packed my things and bought a ticket literally a few moments ago and here I am."

     "Wait," he paused for a moment. "You're really coming with me back to Los Angeles?"

     You nod your head as he picks you up off the ground once more, spinning you in the air. "I can't believe this!" He says with joy in his tone as your feet touch the tiles once more. "I'm so excited to show you Los Angeles! Your family is okay with this?"

     "Actually, they were the ones to drove me here," you say with a smile as warmth floods to your cheeks. "They really approve of you."

     "The Los Angeles flight is now boarding," says the voice on the intercom. "Please begin to board the plane."

     "Shall we?" Asks Mark as he extends his hand down by his side for you to take.

     You smile while taking his hand, squeezing it slightly. "You bet," you respond while finally, as an official couple, you walk hand in hand and make your way to board the plane.