Part Two of Chapter Ten: Family Dinner

"That was delicious!" States Mark excitingly as his eyes beam towards your family. "Thank you for everything."

     "It was our pleasure," responds your mother with a gentle smile. "Thank you for making time in your busy schedule to come and meet us."

     "Hopefully we'll all be able to get together again," your father adds as he outstretches his hand to Mark who accepts it happily. "Let us know when you're in the area."

     "Of course!" Responds Mark with glee as his eyes now meet your own with an entranced gleam. "You'll all have to take a trip out to California, too! It's wonderful there, as the ladies can tell you."

     "Yeah, it really is," responds Clementine as she gingerly touches the sunflower's petals. "It's so warm and busy..." Clementine trails off as her eyes seem to droop with sleepiness.

     "Off to bed, Clem. You've had quite the exciting day," your mother says with a chuckle as Clementine looks like she's about to fall asleep. You smile for a moment, for as annoying as your sister was, she was cute at times.

     She stands from her chair and walks over to where you Mark is sitting. "Thank you for the flower, Mark, and thank you for coming to visit us," she says as a yawn escapes her mouth.

     "Of course, Clem," he responds taking her into a big hug. "Glad I was able to see you again."

     She smiles. "Me too," Clem says before making her way to the stairs and up them slowly.

     "So, do you two have any other plans for the night? It's still quite early," your father says with a kind smile as he watches Clementine climb the last stair. "Well, for some of us that is. (Y/N), perhaps you can show Mark all Pennsylvania has to offer."

     You look over at Mark who simply smiles and shrugs, allowing you to decide what the final verdict will be. "Would you care to go for a walk?" You ask while standing from the table.

     "I would love to," he replies while taking his plate and your own to the sink. "Would you like some help with cleaning up before we go?"

     "Go on," your mother says to Mark as she turns on the faucet. "We'll be quite fine here."

     "Thank you again for dinner and inviting me into your home," Mark says as you both start to walk towards the door. "I had a wonderful time."

     "We look forward to seeing you again," your father says as your mother nods her head. "Come back anytime."

     "Thank you," Mark replies while opening the front door for you. "Ready to go?"

     "As I'll ever be," you reply while elbowing him playfully. "We'll be back soon!"

     "You did not wax your legs," you laugh hysterically as you both walk down the street in the lamp light. Marks hands are in his pockets as yours are behind your back. "I can't imagine you doing something like that."

     "I guess I'm just full of surprises," he remarks with a kind smile.

     "You certainly are, Mark," you reply while staring into his eyes. "Thank you for all the flowers, that was very kind of you and completely unexpected."

     You walk a little closer to him and put your arm though his as his hands still reside in his pockets. Resting your head on his arm, the world seems to be in perfect harmony as you two stroll down the street in the streetlights.

     Mark lets out a long sigh of what seems like relief. "This is perfect," he states. "All I could have asked for tonight."

     "It's such a lovely night out, too," you reply while you both stop walking for a moment and stare up at the sky. "The stars are shining brightly tonight."

     "They don't compare to your radiance," Mark states as he looks down at you. "They couldn't even try."

     Under the streetlight, you begin to feel something in the pit of your stomach, as if millions of butterflies were trying to escape. The way he was staring at you in the light with no one around, his kind smile embedding itself into your mind. His hand leads your chin up towards his slowly, making your face inches away from his. You close your eyes as you prepare yourself for what is about to happen.However, the moment never comes, because it's interrupted by your cellphone ringing.

     "Is your ringtone a waltz?" He seems to smile giddily as you desperately reached into your purse for your phone.

     "Yeah," you reply shyly while silencing your phone. "It is."

     "I like it," he replies which causes your cheeks to turn hot. "In that case, can I have this dance?" He questions while extending his hand to you.

     "Mark, we're in the middle of the street," you state as he still stands there waiting for you to take his hand. "This town might be quiet, but people can still look out their windows."

     "Oh, come on!" He says while grabbing your hand and twirling you into his arms. "One little dance never killed anyone."

     "I can't dance!" You state in alarm as he dips you in the middle of the street. "I'm a terrible dancer."

     "You think I care if you can dance?" He asks with a laugh. "Just dance in the moonlight with me, (Y/N)."

     Against your better judgement, you look up the music to a waltz on YouTube and hit play. The music starts as you slip the phone in you purse, still able to be heard. He smiles lovingly down at you as his hand rests on your waist and holding yours in the other. Your hand holds onto his shoulder as the other is intertwined in his. He leads as you dance in the street, almost as if it were a scene in a movie. Everything was so perfect, from the way stars twinkled in his eyes and moon caressed his hair. You giggle as he twirls you into him and then out, capturing your heart with each movement.

     "This all feels like a..." You trail off, trying to find even one word that can describe the way you are feeling. "Like a..."

     "Like a dream," he finishes your sentence as he twirls you until you're face to face once more. The dancing stops as your eyes interlock, the beautiful music making the moment even more romantic. "Perhaps even better then a dream."

     Without any warning, your hands suddenly reach up and grab his face, pulling it to yours. The moment is just how you imagined it would be, passion and love in every moment of the kiss. You both break away slowly, staring into each others eyes deeply.

     "Thanks for subscribing!" Mark yells while laughing hysterically before you can't help but burst out laughing as well.

     You punch his arm lightly with a smile. "Hilarious," you state as his arm wraps itself around you while you walk back towards your house.

     "I want to ask you something, but it's kind of crazy," he says with a rather nervous tone of voice.

     "Nothing can sound as crazy as how I feel," you say which makes him smile and blush all at the same time. "What is it?"

     He waits for a moment, leaving you in suspense. "Will you come back to Los Angeles with me."