Chapter Thirteen: A New Start

"Have I ever mentioned to you that I don't like flying?" You ask while buckling your seat belt nervously. Mark's hand suddenly grabs yours as he brings it to his mouth and kisses the top of it gently.

"I think you have," he replies smoothly, "In fact, numerous times since we found our seats."

"It was so nice of that lady to trade tickets with me," you say as your eyes look out the window. "The view is beautiful."

"I think mine is better," he says while looking at you lovingly as you rest your head upon his shoulder. "It's going to be a long last couple of hours, so you should probably get some rest."

"How can I sleep when I'm so excited?" You ask while pulling out your phone. You've already set it on airplane mode, and hit the music app with your finger. Putting in the headphones, you give one to Mark and keep one for yourself.

Mark grins. "And what will we be listening to, maestro?" He asks while placing the one bud in his ear.

"Only some of my favorite film scores," you reply anxiously while scrolling through all the albums. "Only if the audience is pleased by my selection, of course."

You tap on one of the Star Wars albums as the music begins to play. "I think this will do," Mark says as you smile. Closing your eyes, you can't help but begin to feel drowsy. Soon enough, your breathing starts to slow as you fall unconscious.

"Wake up," You hear the muffled sound of a voice say. Your eyes open slowly as Mark nudges you gently. "We're here!"

You suddenly spring up out of your seat, causing alarm on some of the passengers faces. Taking out your earphone, you look up at Mark. The passengers relax once more while exiting the plane. "Are you serious?" You ask with excitement in your tone.

"Why don't we go get our luggage and find out?" He suggests with a smirk as you both start to exit the plane, gleaming at one another.

After grabbing your luggage, you both stop for a coffee at the Starbucks inside the airport. Mark stares at you, unable to keep his emotions to himself. His eyes show devotion and passion, something you've never felt for a man in a very long time.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" You question, taking a sip of your coffee. "Not that I don't admire it, but I would like to know the reason behind it."

"Just reminiscing," he states as he continues to look at you dreamily. "Doesn't this ring a bell?"

"I feel a story coming on," you tease while wiping a bit of foam off Mark's upper lip. "Explain, please."

He laughs. "We were drinking coffee together at Comic Con the same day you wrote your number on my hand," he replies with lovingly smile. "And, I have to say, I'm forever grateful you did."

"I am as well," you respond while your heart flutters within your chest. "Who would have known how far we would come."

"I believe I did," Mark says while, with sass, taking a sip of his coffee. "But who is keeping score?"

You shake your head while giggling. "I think you are, or at least you are in your head."

Mark puts his hands up in the air. "You're not wrong," he says with a laugh. "On the other hand, our ride should be here shortly."

"Someone loves riding in an Uber, huh?" You playfully tease, scrunching your face. "Perhaps a little too much."

"It's not an Uber this time," he replies nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "My roommates are coming to pick us up."

"R-Roommates?" You question in shock while almost dumping your coffee cup. "You never mentioned roommates-- I look like a mess!"

"Don't worry," he reassures you. "They're great guys, and they'll love you."

"How many roommates are there?" You ask while raising an eyebrow. "This better not be a Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs kind of thing."

Mark laughs before taking your hand into his own. "It won't be anything like that, I promise. Their names are Tyler, Ethan, and Chica," he says with a dashing smirk.

"Chica?" You question with curiosity. "Where does that name originate from?"

He snickers to himself as you raise your eyebrow even higher. "Chica is my baby-- my dog."

Your eyes seem to instantly light up. "You have a dog?" You ask while almost squealing aloud. "I love dogs!"

"Then she'll love you," he says while sipping his coffee once more. "Quite possibly even more than me."

"What about Tyler and Ethan?" You ask while finishing your coffee. "What are they like?"

"Pretty much the same as me," he replies with a pearly smile. "They're in my videos from time to time."

"Well, if they're anything like you, then they sound lovely," you reply kindly. "I'm excited to meet them."

Mark suddenly looks down at his phone, his eyes scanning a text message. "They're here," he states with a smile before throwing out your coffee cup and his own.

     You both walk towards the exit with your luggage in hand. Walking outside, your mouth falls agape as two men, who you believe to be Tyler and Ethan, stand there holding a sign that reads, "Welcome home Mark and (Y/N)!". You gasp as a large smile appears on your face.

     "You must be (Y/N)!" Shouts the taller man as he picks you up into the air while hugging you. "It's so wonderful to finally meet you! Mark has told us so much about you! I'm Tyler."

     "It's so nice to meet you!" You reply with a giggle as your feet return to the concrete. "This is so kind!"

     "I'm Ethan," replies the younger man as he gives you a tight hug. "I'm so glad to meet you! Finally, some real competition to play Battlefront with."  The man says while eyeing Mark and Tyler which causes you to laugh.

    "Pleasure is all mine," you reply with a gentle smile. "Thank you for this warm welcome."

     The pair now hug Mark before you all hop into the car and begin to drive away. You can't wait to see what the future holds and who you'll meet here in Los Angeles. Everything finally seems to be falling into place for you.

•Author's Note• Once again, another late night chapter! :-)