Chapter Fifteen: Cheesy Audition

"Mark, shut off the light and come to bed," you sleepily call out while placing a pillow over your head. "I've got an audition in the morning."

"Only here for a week and you already have an audition?" Questions Mark as he lays down next to you. The pillow is lifted from over your face as a gentle kiss is placed upon your cheek. "That's my girl."

"Yeah, it's for a television show," you reply while Mark turns off the bedside lamp. "I feel pretty confident about it."

"Good, I'm glad," he replies as Chica, feeling left out from the party, jumps up onto the bed. You giggle softly as she lays down between the both of you, her head resting on your chest. "Goodnight to you, too, Chica." Mark laughs.

"What's this?" Ethan asks as he sees you making breakfast in the kitchen. He sits on one of the stools of the island and opens the newspaper gingerly. "Do I smell bacon?"

"Breakfast," you answer while sliding an omelet from the pan and onto a plate. "I thought I would surprise everyone, though you seem to be the only one awake."

Ethan laughs. "I suppose so," he replies kindly while pushing his glasses up farther on his nose. "So, what sort of plans do you have today?"

"An eleven o'clock audition and then nothing afterwards," you say while swiftly placing the plate with the omelet and a few strips of bacon in front of Ethan. "Yourself?"

"I'll be recording a few videos today and then probably lounging around," he says while eating a forkful of the cheesy omelet. "Thank you for breakfast, (Y/N), it's delicious."

You smile in his direction kindly before preparing the next omelet for either Mark or Tyler, depending on who woke up first. "What are you recording today?" You ask.

"I haven't really decided yet," Ethan admits with a slight shrug. "Probably whatever game catches my eye first. What sort of audition are you going to?"

"It's a television show about this cop and she--glad to see someone else is finally awake, well waking up," you state while flashing a smile which causes Ethan to look over his shoulder. Tyler sluggishly stumbles into the kitchen in his Ninja Turtles pajama top and plaid pants.

Tyler yawns as he takes a seat next to Ethan, rubbing his eyes as he does. "Good morning, (Y/N)," he says with a slight grin upon his face. "Good morning, Ethan."

"And I guess Mark doesn't get any breakfast," Ethan stands from the table and takes the orange juice carton out from the fridge. "Or will he? The world may never know unless he wakes up soon."

You look down to see Chica sitting patiently, her round eyes staring up at you for her breakfast. Dangling a piece of bacon in the air, you throw it and watch as she catches it, causing the boys to laugh. Tyler now walks over and stands next to you, plugging in the coffee machine.

"So, is Miss (Y/N) becoming a star today?" Tyler asks as he looks down at you with a devilish smirk and raised brow. "Because, if you do, I'd like my name mentioned when you accept your first award."

"I could only hope," you reply while lightly hip-bumping him as he stands there waiting for his coffee to come out of the machine. "Then maybe we can hire a chef who will make gourmet meals."

"What are you talking about?" Ethan asks in a tone of shock. "Your food is gourmet, well, compared to cereal."

You laugh while sliding Tyler's omelet onto his plate and placing bacon strips on it. "Your highness," you joke while handing him the plate.

"Very funny," Tyler says as he takes his coffee mug, now filled with the drink, and his plate to the table and sits at it.

You watch as he eats a mouthful, his eyes lighting up. "You weren't kidding," he nudges Ethan with an affectionate smile towards you. "Thanks, (Y/N), it's great."

You start preparing Marks omelet and bacon, a feeling of concern taking over your mind. "I think I'm going to go check on Mark, he usually doesn't sleep in this late," you state while seeing a look of fear in both of their eyes before they look down at their plates. "What is it?" You ask.

Ethan ruffles his hair with his hand for a moment. "I'm sure he's fine and in bed, just where you left him," he replies while Tyler's eyes dart toward Ethan as though he has said something he shouldn't have.

You raise your eyebrow in suspicion before placing the pan back onto the stove. "Okay, well I'm still going to go-- hey!" You yell as Tyler stands from his seat and picks you up into the air, moving you away from the door frame to get to the staircase. "What has gotten into you two?" You ask in an annoyed tone while moving your hair from in front of your eyes.

The two seem to be having some sort of whispered lipreading debate as your foot starts tapping on the hardwood floor. Tyler is blocking the door frame with his person as he looks back and forth from you to Ethan. Ethan's mouth opens as though he's about to speak before the sound of the front door opening is heard.

"What the," you start before Chica's loud barking fills the room. She runs between Tyler's legs as you wait for some sort of explanation. "Can someone explain to me--"

Tyler moves out of the doorway as Mark appears with a bouquet of a dozen roses in his hands and a gentle smile on his face as his eyes meet yours. Chica sits happily to his side while looking up at the flowers. "I thought I would get you some good luck charms for today," Mark states as he cutely shrugs in your direction, seeing your completely shocked facial expression. "Surprise!"

"There's your explanation," replies Tyler as he and Ethan howl with laughter.

You walk towards Mark while giggling before embracing him tightly. Taking the roses from him, you smell them and instantly feel as though you're back in your old house in Pennsylvania or in the hotel room with your Mother and Clementine.

"You get me roses and all I did was make you breakfast," you reply with a laugh as you plate his omelet and bacon. Mark sits at the table with Ethan and Tyler as he high fives them.

His eyes look upon you lovingly. "Breakfast sounds wonderful," Mark's raspy voice states as he winks in your direction, sending your heart into a fluttering rampage.

Taking his food over to him, you kiss his forehead. He quickly starts to eat, looking as though its one of the best meals he's ever had. "You've outdone yourself!" Mark exclaims as Ethan and Tyler start to clap in agreement. "Never mind being an actress, become a chef!"

You shut off the stove and throw away the waste. "You'll have to wash your own dishes," you say. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go get ready for my audition," you say while jokingly curtsying.

"You're going to kill it, darling!" Mark shouts as you walk out of the kitchen and towards the staircase, already taking down your ponytail. "Good luck!" He shouts as your cheeks go warm and the feeling of butterflies erupts in your stomach.