Chapter Eight: Numbers and Sharpies

"So, what's it like?" You question while taking a sip of your coffee, looking at Mark from across the table. "You know, being you and all."

He smiles lightly, "It's exciting at times, but also prevents me from having a normal life, too."

"I could imagine." You reply cooly. "Still, I don't know what my sister would do without watching one of your videos everyday."

"I'm glad they make her happy." He responds, sipping his own coffee slowly. "That's all I want to do, make people happy."

"It's a nice goal, Mark." You respond, placing your hand on top of his on the table. "It's a very nice goal."

Wait a minute, what are you doing?

Quickly pulling your hand from on top of his, you can feeling your cheeks get warmer. How embarrassing...

"I-I really should be going." You state, standing from your chair in a hurried action. "Clementine is probably done with that video game testing thing."

"Please don't go, it was so nice having an actual conversation with you, without you yelling in my face." He says, now standing from his chair.

Your cheeks now turn hot with anger. "Well, me and my big mouth are going."

Realizing his wrong, Mark chases after you as you can hear the devoted fangirls swooning. "Wait, please! I didn't mean for you to take offense."

What were you thinking? Coming here, allowing him to buy you a coffee, even flirting with him- you know you'll never see him again after this week. Why break your heart like this?

"Mark, please..." You start while walking down the large stairs towards where you last left Clementine. "It could never work."

"Yes, it could!" He pleads while searching your eyes deeply. "You can come stay with me!"

"What!" You gasp in shock. "Mark, I hardly even know you! That's all way much and too fast- I'm not ready for something like that."

"I'll wait." Mark retorts, placing his hands on each of your arms. "I find you so interesting. You aren't like everyone else- and I'm not about to let you slip through my fingers without at least giving me a chance."

You stand there stunned. What could you say, you didn't want to he another girl on his list? Why is he doing this, because he knows it'll hurt you?

"Just-Just give me a chance." He says. "I can prove to you that I'm-"

"You don't need to prove anything, Mark." You reply kindly, "I just don't see how it could work out."

"Maybe in time, things will work out." He says with a hopeful smile.

"Give me your Sharpie." You say while extending your hand."

"But it's my special Sharpie." He replies while handing it to you.

"Yes, because I'm going to sell Markiplier's Sharpie for three hundred dollars." You laugh while starting to write your number on his hand.

He scoffs, "I was hoping it would be worth a little more than that."

"Don't get cocky." You reply while handing it back to him.

He looks down at his hand and smiles immensely, "You do care."

"I don't have a napkin on me or I would have written it on there." You wink while walking down the stairs with him.

Finding Clementine, she tells you both all about her experience and how many people were jealous of her shirt.

She hugs Markipler for a final time, thanking him for everything he's done. As he looks at you, you can't help but hug him. Not only had he made your sisters dreams come true, but has also started up a dream within your heart, too.

"I will see you again." He says as you and Clementine make your way towards the exit. "Hopefully sooner then later."

"I agree." You reply with a smile. "Goodbye, Mark."

"Goodbye, *•*Your Name*•*. Take care of yourself." He replied kindly.

You step back outside into the late afternoon sunshine, your heart thumping within your chest. How did you hate that man before, he's a sweetheart.

"See, I told you." Clementine smirks as she hugs you tightly. "You're the best."

••••

Not even kidding, you all make my day. I love seeing comments on how much you love my story and anticipate the next chapter(s)! You have no idea what it means to me. It means so, so much.
Much Love,
Slothafin xo