Chapter: 69

A middle-aged man yawned stretching his stiff body, it was nice to work as a guard in the watchtower because he barely does anything, even though his job is easy, it's crucial.

Swoosh...

"Hhmm?"

He raised his eyebrow because the wind blows tonight is a little different than usual, his professionalism is preventing him to overlook this oddity.

Swoosh!
Swoosh!
Swoosh!

This wind feels like a bad omen as he hurriedly observes the sea with the huge magic tool placed in the watchtower to create light, he could see that some little boats of the fishermen are heading to the land in a rush.

At the coats, the large vessels are already using the barrier scroll that uses to create a temporary barrier to protect their vessels while the crews are running to the safer place.

It seems like he is not the only one who feels that something is coming, he grabs the ropes to the huge bell ready to ring it but suddenly the sea becomes deadly silent, the seawater began to recede drastically as he sees the fishes and the other life forms of the sea exposed to the air, sprawling at the coast.

Gasped!

Far from the mainland, he could see something big is coming.

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding
Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding
Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding

As the sound of huge bell echoes through the port town, people started to come out of their houses with anxiety that's when they hear the guard in the watchtower is screaming.

"RUUUUUUUNNNNN"

"HUGE WAVES ARE COMIIIIING"

As if thrown in turmoil, the anxious crowd panic and stampede to the opposite direction of the sea, the whole town is in chaos.

On the other side, the culprit is still standing on the water in the middle of the ocean holding the wave to give the time for the townsfolk to escape as far as possible because her goal is only to empty the area around the fountain which is located near the coast.

Since no one is stupid enough to stay near the coast when the big waves are coming, this area is like a ghost town now.

"Dion's idea to create panic attacks through a disaster is really effective"

Grizel chirped in satisfaction, but Mammon who already heard the story of this legendary victim of his Lord doubts about that.

This legendary victim who works for the Prince is already occupied with Judas's kidnapping case, besides, the Empire needs to take care of the vacant Grand Counselor's work.

Moreover, Judas is the Lord of his territory, due to the disappearance of the territory's Lord, the empire obliged to step into the territorial affairs, but as long as there is no huge problem arises, the empire doesn't need to do the work directly because small matters can be solved by Judas's vassals in his territory, but...

Unfortunately, this port town is part of Judas's territory.

Mammon shivers with the thought of the work caused by his Lord, reparation, disaster relief, etc, somehow he feels blessed to not born as Dion.

Swoosh! Crash!

The series of the wave began to hit the land but no matter how big the waves are, strangely enough, the coastline is the only area that been damaged, it as if someone is controlling the water while trying to minimize the damage and preventing unnecessary casualties in case some people are late to run away.

"Let's go"

Grizel beckons to Mammon, he looks exhausted with the trains of shocking event tonight.