Chapter: 37

A fancy carriage passes through a luxurious golden gate carved with a large blue dragon emblem right at the center, it will split in half whenever the gate is wide open to welcome the guests, from this fancy gate another 15 minutes ride along the eye-catching flower garden are needed to reach the main palace by carriage.

'As expected of the Imperial Palace of the vastest continent'

Grizel said inwardly while observing the grandiose building beneath the azure sky where the rulers of the land reside for centuries, the symbol of power and wealth to inspire awe of the strongest nation, consists of several buildings within, and separated between outer Palace where the tops of ministry dwelling on their duties and the inner Palace where the Imperial family lives in.

She recalls the difference at her first time seeing the imperial palace when she robbed the tomb of Rex's ancestor, it was at the most desolate part of the palace, empty with nothing but meadows and far away from this flashy main building.

"Grizel, sorry I can't escort you to get down from the carriage"

Rex said as the white imperial horses stopped right in front of the outer palace's entrance.

"Of course, Your Highness. I don't want to hear the rumors of my fiance is having an affair with his man attendant right before the engagement party"

Grizel's teasing tone and her annoying smile succeed in worsen his mood at the beginning of the day.

Right now, Grizel and Levi are disguising themselves as Rex's men attendants with illusion to prevent the suspicion of the spies planted in the palace, and Grizel needed to keep a low profile before the engagement party.

As they walked in silence pretending to be a normal master and his servants, people are bowing to the Crown Prince when they are passing through the hallway heading towards the largest work chamber, the Emperor's workplace.

Knock! Knock!

"Your Majesty, His Highness the Imperial Crown Prince requested an audience"

Dion announced the arrival of the Prince after knocking on the huge door.

"Come in"

The voice was calm and authoritative befitting his role as the one who sits on the throne of the Azure empire, he is the adult version of the Crown Prince with the same reddish-blonde hair and dazzling citrine stone eyes, yet he frowned upon the Prince and his 2 attendants since he couldn't find his guest as soon as Dion closed the door.

"Where is my daughter-in-law?"

Before the embarrassed Rex could say something about his father's blunt remarks, Grizel steps in and bows gracefully as she negates her illusions which envelopes her and Levi.

"Please do pardon my impertinence, Your Majesty. My name is Lagertha Grizel Von Belial the daughter of the Belial house honored to make your acquaintance"

Emperor Drake widened his eyes in surprise, he thought no one can waver his opinion on the late Empress as the most beautiful woman, yet the little girl in front of him is already radiating the same grace as his late Empress at such a young age.

"Grizel, is it? now I know why is that child couldn't stop talking about you"

Emperor drake said teasing his blushing son, the always composed crown prince has given up to put on his gentleman mask in front of Grizel.

"Father!"

"I didn't notice his Highness has such a passionate hobby of talking about his fiancee with his Majesty"