Chapter: 71

Grizel stands before her 4 elite subordinates to hear their progress related to the previous assignments and it seems everything is going smoothly, but that is not the main reason for the sudden gathering.

After seeing the entire world is covered by a malicious black thick aura, proof of a strong curse, Grizel immediately heads to Tartarus's temporary camp to confirm it and find out it wasn't the world that is being cursed but...

Human.

She took a glance at the monsters at the cages, animals, plants, anything but human, but she couldn't find any black aura covering them, only humans that are being covered by this nasty thing including the 4 elite servants in front of her.

Grizel suddenly recalled when Athena said that only humans are restricted in leveling up, which means there is a high possibility this powerful curse is the cause of it.

'Is this curse related to the restrictions on leveling system for human beings?'

'Yes, Master. This curse was cast using forbidden magic with the sacrifice of the livings, and the power of the curse depends on the number of sacrifices'

'...'

Grizel is speechless thinking about how many lives have been sacrificed for it and what kind of powerful curse that is not only affects the entire human race but also their descendants endlessly.

'All of it must be connected to the Void Age, isn't it?'

In ancient times, there is nothing like restrictions on the leveling system, but then an unknown catastrophe befall upon the world erased half of the human race, the other races met their extinction, and now the fact that the survivors and their descendants are being cursed revealed.

'Just what the heck happened in the Void Age?'

'Sorry not sorry for increasing your curiosity but that information is still locked, Master hahaha'

Athena replied in a teasing tone back to her usual annoying self, taunting the devil.

'Tch'

Grizel doesn't want to argue with Athena anymore as she glances at the 4 loyal servants standing in front of her, all of them are covered by the black nasty aura, no wonder their power seems stuck and never advanced regardless of how much they are training.

Quantity is great, but for a secret organization, quality took the upper priority, therefore, Grizel decided to perform this risky experiment.

She wants to get rid of this curse on her loyal members.

"I want to test my new power, but I don't know the side effects of it, I call all of you in case thing goes awry since you are my most trusted subordinates"

Grizel said to the bewildered Levi, Lucy, Mammon, and Deus in front of her because of the sudden gathering, even Lucy who was scouting at the rebels territory in the west region, the opposite side of the continent from their temporary camp, was ordered to use a teleportation scroll and back to the camp leaving her scout members behind to continue the order without her, seems like the experiment this time is more dangerous than usual.

"Your wish is our command, My Lord"

All of them answered in hesitation, worried about their Lord, there's a possibility this experiment might endanger her looking at how careful she is in the preparation.

"Lucy, bring Emma to the training ground"

Swoosh

Lucy disappeared after a brief nod, the experiment this time doesn't take place in Grizel's lab, instead, the open field.