Chapter: 19

Cough!

The skinny boy coughed and blood poured onto the ground, the cold command earlier stopped all the violent assault, he wanted to lift his head and thanked the person who saved him yet he has no more strength to do it.

He can feel a strong presence coming towards him, his bruised face is swollen up, and couldn't open his eyes properly to see his savior.

Someone is trying to lay his cowering body down softly before lifting his half upper body with a small hand.

"Drink it up"

It was the warm voice of a little girl, he swallowed the liquid from a small bottle put into his bloody mouth.

"Is that a high potion?"

"How come?"

"Who is she?"

"Is she a noble?"

"What is a noble lady doing in this place?"

A lot of whispers caught his ears, he slowly opens his eyes because his body didn't hurt anymore, for some reason, the other people seemingly couldn't see the hooded girl appearance clearly as if covered by a vague illusion.

But when the boy opens his eyes, he can see an angelic figure with long white-silver hair and blue sapphire eyes beneath the black hoodie. And behind her is a teenage girl with raven hair and eyes wearing maid clothes underneath a long hood either.

The hooded girl, or, Grizel puts a little illusion around her and Lucy their figures, but she makes the skinny boy an exception.

The boy abruptly kneels in the presence of Grizel, he has mixed feelings of gratitude and fear towards her, it's because she used a little bit of her silver charisma to oppress the people here earlier.

"Boy, what is your name?"

Grizel asked while observing the malnourished boy in front of her, rough skin and filthy tattered clothes, like a common people in the empire, he has dark brown hair and jet black eyes sparkled like obsidian under the sunlight.

"I... don't have one"

He answered weakly, as far as he remembered, he has lived in this slum alone without any relatives nor friends and just trying to survive day by day, all people called him 'Brat'.

Grizel let out a sigh of pity.

"Just like you, I'm struggling to survive this world and refused to give up..."

Grizel recalled the moment she abruptly reincarnated into this messy world leaving her glorious life on Earth behind.

The skinny boy and the crowds were confused with Grizel's abrupt words, but while getting up Grizel added more words to ask him.

"I'm looking for trusted companions to fight the world..."

The boy listening in silence couldn't comprehend Grizel's meaning to talk about it to a stranger like him.

"You..."

The standing Grizel looking down at the kneeling boy in front of her.

"...if I were your front shield, would you like to become my back shield?"

Grizel asked, the boy flinched while he heard the word 'Shield', he just selfishly murdered people not too long ago to save his life yet the girl in front of him wanted this sinner to be a shield who protected her.

The skinny boy may be an uneducated child, but he understood the meaning of Grizel's words, she wanted a trusted shield to support her back while protecting each other.