Chapter: 13

2 years have passed since the assassination attempt, it was a peaceful time for Grizel, Emma is officially chosen as Grizel's personal maid, and she is keeping a close eye on the other spies with her friendly act.

There is a famous saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Grizel is controlling the information flow by continuously manipulating their memories and perception using her illusion.

Emma as her personal maid is the most victim of her manipulative nature, she makes Emma and the other harmful spies keep reporting the false fact she planned, under Grizel's volition, Emma will always report that Grizel is a talentless ill manner brat, crybaby, attention whore, and many other false facts just like the real Grizel in the novel, it's to make the diversion of the story isn't straying too far.

In the novel, those people will use this fact to frame Grizel and bring down her family, right now she is letting them dance in her palm. Before the real preparator of her family execution is revealed, she didn't rush her counterattack.

"Miss, I heard that a few days ago the Imperial Crown Prince succeed to awaken his power as a Warrior Class, kyaaa, he is so perfect"

Emma is starting another gossip about the Crown Prince while combing Grizel's hair, she wanted to make Grizel obsessed with the prince just like the novel.

"Yes, I think it's reassuring to have a strong future Emperor"

As usual, Grizel only gave her vague answers, in these 2 years when Emma asked about Grizel's opinion about the prince, she always smiles and said
Yes, he will be a good ruler,
That's good, he will become our protector,
It's fortunate to have him as our Prince,
Etc.

The answers are positive but she couldn't feel any affection in those words, it was too vague to understand what Grizel means to the point of frustration.

But today she doesn't want to give up, she comes with another idea.

"Miss, someone like you is the most suitable bride for the prince"

She said smoothly as if an employee bootlicking her boss.

"Pfft... Emma your joke seems to improve lately"

Grizel just throws it aside as a joke, this is how Emma in the original novel slowly leading Grizel to become the Villainess, she always said sweet words about Grizel and the prince for years, the naive girl will believe whatever her most trusted maid said.

Grizel in the novel believes that the prince and she are meant to be together like Emma said, Emma's words engraved deeply in her heart, hence, Grizel sees the heroine as an obstacle in their journey towards happiness.

"Where is Lucy?"

Lucy is also her personal maid, she is wearing an item imbued with Grizel's illusion to change her appearance, in these 2 years Grizel trained her personally to master her power while the other servants are piled her up with human common sense.

Lucy is known as a beggar took by the kind-hearted Miss, because of that no one will mad at her foul mouth and ill manner, instead, they patiently teach her about how to be a proper maid.

"Ah, she is preparing your favorite earl grey tea"

Emma said with a forced smile trying to hide her sullen mood.

"Thank you, Emma. You can go rest now, I plan to sleep early after my evening tea, no need to serve me dinner"

Grizel said sweetly, she is now sitting on the veranda while watching the sunset but her smile beaming even more than the twilight.

"Miss, don't you believe in me?"

Emma said almost sounds like murmuring to herself.

"Hhmmm? Of course, you are my savior and my personal maid, why are you asking such an obvious thing?"

Grizel is still in her relax manners answering Emma's question.

"No, nothing Miss. Please have a good rest"

Emma hurriedly excuses herself and exit Grizel's chamber.

'What a foolish woman, after 2 years passed she finally began to mumble about my distrust of her, isn't it a bit too late?'

But as usual, Emma's doubt will be replaced with Grizel's illusion, she would have the repetitious illusion like a broken record in her dream until she can not differentiate between the dream and reality.

Tomorrow her doubt will completely be erased like a restarted game, the years passed without Emma noticing that her real memories are slowly shattered and replaced every single time she is sleeping.

'Master, I think humans are creatures that keeping their precious time in their memories'

Athena who observed Emma in silence finally started to speak when she left the room.

'Indeed, isn't it great to play with your enemy's precious things?'

Emma is the one who manipulated Grizel in the novel, she is just doing the same thing with a little addition.

'Master, you keep grumbling about Lucy's sadistic nature yet you are far more a sadist than her'

'What the...'

Knock knock.

"Miss, I bought your tea"

"Come in and lock the door"

It was Lucy bringing a set of fragrant tea along with the evening snacks, she came in and locked the door from the inside.

"Tonight we are going out early"

Ever since witnessing Grizel's strength while training in the forest of demise, her wisdom, knowledge, and kindness without any naivety, her admiration towards Grizel has increased to the point of she became the leader of Grizel's worshipers among the servants in the mansion.

She is so proud to be her personal maid and shadow of the existence of a holy saintess like Grizel, a brighter sun of her dark life, the shadow vows to follow the sun.

"We will rob a tomb tonight"

Grizel said nonchalantly while Lucy startled by her words.

"Pardon?"

Her bright sun becomes as dark as an eclipse.

To be continued...