Chapter: 31

"Angela, welcome back dear~"

A glamorous woman wearing in black from head to toe greets a beautiful girl near the entrance of a huge mansion placed on the top of a private hill.

"Yes, Mother. Where is Father?"

Grizel, no, Angela asked her mother who covered herself in gothic ornaments.

"That mad scientist? He won't step outside of his beloved lab except an earthquake occurred"

The gothic woman said scornfully to her so-called husband.

"Who are you talking about?"

A messy yet attractive man wearing a lab-coat asked abruptly from behind the gothic woman.

"Darling, can you call the government to ask for any disaster notification?"

The gothic woman said to her daughter in a panic tone asking for any news of disaster because her husband is unbelievably stepping outside his lab.

"Hah, what kind of nonsense are you talking about? Of course, I'll come outside to welcome my lovely daughter. Is that witchcraft-thing finally hit your sanity?"

Angela nonchalantly staring at her gothic mother and mad scientist father bickering on each other, it's a normal circumstance anytime she has the time to go home on the sidelines of her busy business schedule.

"Grandmother"

Angela chirped happily when a glimpse of an old strict woman with a menacing aura caught her eyes, the bickering husband and wife flinched in unison when they heard their beloved daughter called the most terrifying existence of the house.

"Oh, my cute and beautiful Granddaughter. Why don't you send me prior notice of your arrival, I'll welcome you myself"

Angela clings to her hand and the menacing aura disappears immediately when the old lady talks to her sweet granddaughter.

"Oh, I want to surprise my dearest Grandmother but sadly I was welcomed by the argument of your son and daughter-in-law instead"

She said with fake tears and a sad tone, hearing her granddaughter, the menacing aura reappear and doubled when she throwing a glare at the trembling husband and wife.

"No, Mother. It's just a misunder-"

"Silence"

The husband tried to explain but was cut mercilessly by his mother.

"Angela just arrived at the house and you two as her parent still acting childish, she just barely fifteen years old yet managing our business perfectly in charge of your absence, as a parent do you feel no shame? She is blah blah blah blah blah..."

Another long lecture just began, the husband and wife cried inwardly when they see their tricky daughter smirking behind her grandmother and waving her hand as if saying, Goodbye and enjoy your time~

"Look at our daughter's acting skills and wicked personality, as the former Queen of the entertainment industry, aren't you happy?"

The husband sneered at the gothic wife whispering about Angela's personality she inherited from her mother, known as the former Queen of the entertainment industry, she mercilessly erased her rivals in public or private with shady schemes. Naivety has no place in this harsh business, all about how to trick or being tricked.

"Humph! Aren't you the same? She got that good brain of yours and even the better version of the former heartless genius scientists"

His wife scoffed back to her husband, genius people tend to be heartless and always calculate everything based on the value or benefits, just like their daughter who always sees everything based on their usefulness.