Chapter: 5

Months passed by Grizel pretending to be a sweet noble girl during the day and a merciless monster hunter at night.

5 years ago, she has awakened her power, as a Rogue Class awakener, her dexterity and sensitivity are on a whole new level. In these past years, she worked to level up and mastering her power.

She doesn't know how to measure her power among the awakeners yet, but according to the information she gathered from the servants of the mansion, awakener can be stronger to a certain limit by mastering their power, but there is no leveling system.

The odd thing is when she tried to confirm that and ask Athena about her level and growth ability, which is quite different from the other awakeners.

'Am I the only one who has this leveling system?'

'No, Master. Each of awakener is supposed to have this leveling system, but right now you are the only human who has no restrictions on this ability'

Athena's answer was vague,
she said 'each awakener is supposed to have' means that the leveling system should be normal among awakeners, but why it isn't?

And her second sentence is a little bit clear yet still hiding the most important part, she said 'right now' that is obvious enough to explain the present has a huge diversion from the past, Grizel though it may be related to the 'restrictions' which was mentioned.

'Different from the past, Right now, the leveling system is restricted to the other awakeners'

That was Grizel's assumption by hearing Athena's answer, and as for the reasons why it has become a constrained ability, she has no idea.

And the last is that worrisome words 'Only human'.
Grizel thought of the possibility of the growth in non-human creatures, as far as she knew that the living beings in this world excluding plants and animals are only humans and monsters.

There were mystical creatures like elves, dragons, dwarves, angels, demons, mermaid, etc. But it was a long time ago since their racial extinction. And it would be dangerous if the monsters have the growth ability while humans got a limitation.

Grizel tried to dig more information about this matter but was cut off by Athena.

'I am sorry, Master. Any further information is locked. You have to reach a certain level and acquire an item to unlock it'

Hence, Grizel put this matter aside for now and focus on gaining more power and information about the empire situation.

She is certain that the execution of the Von Belial family in the novel was orchestrated by someone from behind the stage, even though her family stands as a neutral faction in the power struggle within the empire, but being nonchalant and total blind to the political affairs is foolish.

'Master, tonight is the appearance of the long-awaited Artifact'

"Ha, hahaha"

Grizel's sudden laugh makes the nanny who stands behind her startled a little bit.

"Miss, are you okay?"

The old lady looks at Grizel in confusion, she can not hear Athena's voice and have no idea why her little Miss is laughing so happily out of the blue.

"Pardon me nanny but I am good. I just recall something amusing"

She said with her smooth lies, the nanny nodded as if agreed that sometimes we suddenly recall a piece of memory.

"Nanny, please tell the chefs that I wish to rest early this evening and no need to bother serving my dinner and the evening tea"

The nanny is quite hesitant to answer because skipping a meal is not good for a child's growth but still nods in the end.