Chapter: 6

Artifacts, the novel gives odd details of the exact coordinate of the location and time of the appearance but the writer didn't explain its origin nor the precise power.

The novel mentioned that there are only 4 artifacts, and all combined will bring calamity upon the world, the first to appear is the Artifact of Famine.

Boundless hunger and greed, the lord of avarice.

Based on the vague clues from the novel, the ability of this artifact is somehow related to infinite space. therefore Grizel imagined the power would be something like the spatial ring.

But...

The intense aura surrounding the artifact is not for a mere spatial power. She can feel wrath, resentment, sorrow, animosity, and many other negative auras overwhelmed her just by standing there, which wasn't mentioned in the novel as if insignificant things.

'That stupid author misses a damn big plot hole here'

Grizel cursed the author who left this crucial part as a story hole, she recalled the chilling voice echoed a moment ago...

"Shall not thee offered feasts to satisfy this boundless desire of mine?"

The question is obviously to test her determination to lay a hand on the greed itself. What will she offer to satisfy the artifact? she is questioned whether she is qualified or not to be the master of the artifact.

Grizel felt like lying or sugar-coated words won't work for this artifact, Grizel tightens her grip, thinking is useless in this kind of situation, so she will say whatever she wanted to say.

She is sure the reason for the creation of these artifacts is not due to goodwill. For now, that's alone is enough information to attract its attention, a positive response is not the right answer.

Grizel was a former businesswoman, this type of person will choose what will be the most beneficial to her, she wouldn't offer things without gains, she wasn't a charitable person after all.

However, looking at the negative energy, she was certain of one thing...

"if you wanted food, work for it.
And if you desire to revenge, do it yourself"

Based on the negative energy, she is certain that the artifact harbors ill intent towards everything as if wish to swallow the whole world, but for some reason, the negative feelings weren't directed to her, she would faint or die by its mere presence if those pressure aimed at her.

Obvious enough that the artifact wishes for revenge by using her. Therefore, she refused to offer things to the artifact, mutual benefit is what she wants, the artifact wants to make use of her, and she will use the artifact's power, a win-win situation for both parties.

The ground starts to shake and the atmosphere becomes heavier. A drop of sweat appears on her forehead but she firmly keeps on standing, a kid who has no fear.

"Hahaha
Angela Samael, Thou art indeed an amusing fellow,
then I shall bestow upon Thee this artifact of mine, wield your greed to devour the rotten world"

Grizel flinched when she heard her former name, the artifact knows her name means that it knows Grizel was a reincarnated person, it may have information about her reincarnation.

"Huh?! wai-"

But before she finished her line, the dark energy surrounded the artifact dispersed into the thin air, leaving the floating ring in front of her face.