Chapter 2

"Wow it's so! It's so.... Sky trailed off, looking out the window expectantly. All she could see was a forest.

"You must be joking, it doesn't look like a camp to me. It's just another forest." Aspen grumbled, voicing Sky's thoughts, but in a much ruder way.

Sky had only known Aspen for a couple hours, but she already disliked him. He was rude, snarky, and arrogant, but Sky decided that she would try and be nice to him and eventually he might be nice back. That's what her parents had always told her to do, this case seemed very unlikely though.

"I heard that there is a magical force field all around the camp that conceals it and keeps it safe from outsiders. Maybe that force field also disguises it and makes it invisible to the eye?" River suggested.

"You are correct Mr. Guthrie. Only a few people know the location of the camp, it helps keep all of you kids safe."

"See? You have something going for you, River! Who needs brawn when you can have brains!" Ashe replied, punching River in the arm.

The carriage shook slightly and Skys stomach did a little flip as they started descending at a rapid pace. The carriage landed with a jolt, causing River to fall out of his seat, which made Aspen snicker and Sky smiled slightly, trying to hide her smile behind her hand.

Once they came to a complete stop the driver came around the side and opened the door. Aspen exited first, followed by Ashe.

"You can go ahead of me Sky, ladies first!" River said politely. Sky thanked him and hopped out of the carriage, waiting for their driver to guide them to the entrance of the camp. A short walk later they reached a towering bronze gate, flanked on either size by impressive Pine trees. From the ground Sky could make out a form sitting on a branch in one of the trees. It was wearing camouflage , but Sky saw a flash of silver hidden behind the branches and pine needles.

"Excuse me sir, is that person up there a guard or something?" Sky asked the driver, pointing at the form in the tree.

The driver's eyes lit up with shock. "As a matter of fact it is... How did you see him? I only know he is there because I just know where the guards are stationed."

"Well, my mom always said I have a keen eye, but I didn't realize it was that keen. Can none of you see him?"

Aspen, River and Ashe all squinted in the direction that Sky was pointing.

"It just looks like a branch and pine needles to me. Maybe you are seeing things." Aspen grumbled.

Ignoring Aspen, Sky quietly thanked the driver and watched as he hopped onto his seat at the front of the carriage, and the pegasi took off, flying through the trees. Moments later the bronze gates loudy creaked open and they stepped into the camp. The second they entered, Sky felt different. It felt like they were in a giant dome, but yet there was still a breeze and there was life, and a lot of it. They were in a giant vibrant green field, dotted with wildflowers of all colours. The grass was cut short and it felt soft when Sky touched it. Across the field from them was a large chalet with a few smaller cabins around it.

"Hello future Guardians!"

Sky jumped as she realized there was a lady standing behind them.

"I'm Joy, and I'm going to be giving you guys the grand tour, so keep up!" She said in an overly cheerful voice. We will start off with this wide open field! This field is two acres big, we use it for various training drills, mainly once you get your dragons. You will need a lot of room to learn to fight with them! There is also a lot more space other than this field but we will get to that."