Chapter 3

BANG BANG BANG!

Ashe abruptly sat up, a loud banging sound waking her up. "Ugh. It's too early." She moaned as she rolled out of bed. The sun was streaming in through her crappy blinds, lighting up the small room.

BANG BANG BANG!

"Ugh! I'm coming! Ashe shouted. By the time she got downstairs, Sky had already answered the door. She was fully dressed in a purple tank top and a pair of loose fitting gray bottoms, that ended just under her knees.

"Good morning. That was just one of the staff making sure we were up and letting us know that breakfast was being served at 7:45...Which is in ten minutes." Sky said quietly.

Ashe nodded and headed back up to her room. How was Sky already up and ready? Oh well, less sleep for her I guess. Ashe thought to herself, as she swung open her closet, which was mostly filled with sportswear.

She threw on a tunic and black shorts and then quickly attempted to brush out curly auburn hair, not bothering to tie it up. When she came downstairs, Sky was still sitting in the living room, quietly reading a book.

"Why didn't you go on without me? You might be late now, plus I don't need someone to chaperone me."

"Oh sorry, I guess I thought you would like it if I waited, after all, we are roommates and we have to work together sooo..."

Ashe rolled her eyes but thanked Sky anyways. "Fine, lets go, I'm famished."

Ashe took off at a sprint, leaving Sky to close the cabin door. She scoffed to herself as Sky ran after her, she turned around, feeling kind of bad to leave Sky, but Sky was barrelling towards her and zoomed past her. Ashe smiled and chased her, pumping her legs as fast as she could, but Sky was fast. Ashe found herself falling behind as Sky zoomed up to the chalet and stopped on the steps, not even out of breath. Ashe was gasping and panting and managed to gasp out, "How are you so fast, you don't even look tired!"

"I don't know. Once my powers started developing last year, I don't really run out of air easily and I just like running. " She murmured, blushing slightly.

Ashe looked at her quizzically. She did have a runner's body; long legs, lithe frame, it made sense that she liked running, but she didn't seem to think she was very fast. If I was that fast I would be racing everyone to prove how fast I am. I guess she's too shy or humble or something. Ashe thought as she followed Sky inside the building.

Ashe, River, Aspen and Sky quickly ate breakfast, with barely any conversation. Aspen had huge bags under his eyes, and his hair was frazzled and messy. He quietly sipped some tea, with a deep scowl on his face.

"What's his deal?" Ashe whispered in Rivers' ear as they cleaned up their dishes.

"I don't think he slept well last night, he was whining about how tiny and uncomfortable his bed was." River scoffed.

Sky jogged up beside Ashe and said, "That's odd, I thought the beds were pretty comfortable, almost too comfortable. Those cabins are so nice, I can't believe they have cold boxes! I already stored a bunch of fruit in ours."

River nodded his head furiously in agreement and was about to ask something about the cold boxes, when he was interrupted by Joy, the same lady as yesterday. Ashe realized she must be one of the heads of the camp.

"Good morning everyone, hope you slept well and ate lots because your training is beginning today. You will each be paired up with a trainer who will help you through various fitness exercises to assess your strength, agility, speed, endurance and flexibility. Any questions?"