Chapter 15

"Alright Ashe, so today you get your legendary weapon and your armour. Since the very first fire element, the same weapon has been used." Sol explained the following morning. "It has the strength to hold your power inside of it and most of the weapons can redistribute it. Follow me to the top secret location where it stays when it's not being used. The only people that know of its location are us and Lumina. One day, you will pass the knowledge of it down to your student."

They walked into the southern quadrant of camp and headed straight for the volcano. They reached the base and started circling around it, until they hit a small cave hidden amongst the rocks. Sol carefully picked his way down the path, pushing a bit of magic into his hands, just enough for them to let off a warm glow, lighting their way. They quickly reached a dead end and Ashe was just about to turn around, when Sol placed his hand on the rock, heating it slightly. After a moment the rock started sliding.

"Woah! A secret passage? Cool!" Ashe gazed in wonder as they entered a large open cave. Sol lit the torches that lined the wall, but left two of them unlit.

"You light these ones Ashe. It's just like lighting the bonfire, but easier in my opinion."

Ashe pushed the warmth through her body, letting it get hotter as it reached her hands. A small flame appeared and she "sent" it towards the torch. It lit as soon as the flame touched it and Ashe gave a small victory smile.

"Good job Ashe, now follow me over here. I put your armour in here for dramatic effect." He said, chuckling.

They walked past various armour stands that held the armour of all the past Fire Guardians. They soon reached the end and on the stand sat jet black armour, with veins of oranges and yellows running through it, like lava flowing over obsidian. Ashe ran her hand over the smooth armour, feeling the strength of it just from a simple caress. "Wow. This armour is amazing Sol."

"The colouring was my idea. Try it on, it should fit you perfectly. It has a thin coating of melted dragonscale to make it stronger against dragonfire. It is designed to help you easily move and it protects your whole body. Of course there are a few weak points in it where the armour shifts, but that is why you wear special clothing under it that will help give you extra protection."

Ashe quickly slipped on the armour, it was surprisingly light, but Ashe felt very safe and secure in it. It fit her body perfectly, just like Sol said. She slid on a shield that was designed to look like looking down the top of a volcano. Ashe admired herself in a small dirty mirror, but a glint of metal caught her eye. She quickly spun around and swung her shield out, colliding with metal with a loud clang. Sol stood across from her wearing black and gold armour and he brandished a sword. "Aw man. I thought I could catch you off guard."

"Me off guard? Never. Also how did you get your armour on so quickly?"

"You learn how to put it on that fast over time. Our resident blacksmith is actually working on making retractable armour and shields so when you wear it, you can just press a button, step out of it and then it shrinks down to fit in your bag. He hasn't quite figured it yet though. Now, I am guessing you would like to meet the fire element's legendary weapon?"

Sky nodded enthusiastically and watched as Sol walked over to a wall and grabbed a massive battle axe off of it. It had a long black handle and the head of the axe was dangerously sharp. The blade was a red to orange to yellow ombre colour and a small jem was embedded into the handle that was shaped like the fire symbol. Sol handed Ashe the wicked weapon and she excitedly grabbed it. It was surprisingly heavy, but it felt sturdy in Ashes hands and it boosted her confidence. "Now this is a cool weapon." she said, stroking the side of the axe.