Chapter 11

1 week ago

"There is no need to be afraid Briar. I don't want to hurt you or your father. If you would come with me we can have a little chat." Lumina spoke softly.

"What if I don't want to come with you! My life was fine until all those wanted posters were put up of my dad! I could have stayed hidden and he could have lived a normal life!" Briar snapped back, still cradling her fathers head, trying to wake him up.

"Queen Aurora was the one who originally put those up. I tried taking them down completely but I couldn't, so I changed them to wanted alive. I assumed that he was your father and not just someone keeping you hidden. You don't have to come with me, but if you do I will keep you protected. The choice is yours." Lumina fit a key into the lock of the heavy cuffs that were around Briars wrists and they clanked to the ground.

Briar stared down at the cuffs in shock, rubbing her sore wrists.

"I can help him if you let me." Lumina offered stepping towards Briar.

"No, get away from us." Briar snapped, shooting a blast of dark magic towards Lumina, who deflected it as if she was brushing a bug off of her arm, before sending a soft wave of light towards Briar and her dad.

"Uggh, What happened?"

"Dad! You're okay!" Briar cried, wrapping her arms around her dad as he slowly sat up. She sobbed into his shoulder as he murmured reassuring words, until he looked up and saw Lumina awkwardly watching them.

"Your majesty..." He bowed his head slightly but fearfully and she nodded in return.

"As much as I hate to say this, I think we can trust her. She saved both of us from being killed and I think she woke you up." Briar murmured softly.

"Okay, fine. It's not like we really have another option." He grunted, still eyeing Lumina warily.

"Thank you for trusting me. Follow me upstairs. Do you need a hand Mr. Callway?" She asked respectfully, waiting for Briar and her dad to stand.

When both Briar and her father shook their heads, she motioned for them to follow her and led them through the hallways of her castle.

They passed many guards on the way, all of them eyeing Briar and her dad wairly, walking up to the Queen to see if she needed help, but every time she waved her hand in dismissal.

A Queen who has hundreds of Guards at her disposal, but never uses them? How peculiar. And shes not in a big frilly dress with a massive crown on her head. Maybe I was right, she does seem very different from the previous Queens.

"Here we are, my favourite room in the palace." Lumina opened two massive doors and they entered a large open library. The ceiling had a high dome with tall shelves filled with books. Massive windows allowed the bright warm light to filter into the library.

Briar jumped as she heard a roar of greeting coming from a massive ledge near the top of the dome. A large white dragon lay on it, head hanging over the edge, eyeing Briar curiously.

"Hey beautiful girl!" Lumina called up to the dragon, who carefully lowered herself to the ground, tucking her massive wings close to her body.

Briar couldn't believe that a dragon this size could even fit in the library.

"This is my dragon Opal. Now, would you two liked to get cleaned up before we talk ?I can lead you to somewhere where you can get changed." Lumina

"No thanks. Let's do it now." Briar responded. She sat down on a couch across from Lumina, watching Opal nervously the whole time.