Chapter 9

One week later

It had been a week since Sky had first summoned the wind, marking the start of her training. Since then she had learned how to control it better, making clouds, tornados and heavy gusts. She had also learned a lot of hand on hand combat as well as target practice and how to fight with a sword. It had been an exhausting week and her body ached all over.

Today they were going off in pairs to do some battle training as well as combined power training; according to Angelica. Sky was pairing up with River first and they were all waiting by the lake for him.

"I apologize that my student is late Angelica. I can't believe him sometimes." Rain muttered, pacing back and forth.

"Don't worry about it Rain, we are just early. He still has five minutes to show up." Angelica replied softly.

"So, what are we learning today?" Sky asked quietly.

"What did you say? Speak up? Speak with more confidence, not like a little mouse." Rain snapped.

Angelica sighed and rolled her eyes. "Repeat the question please, Sky. Don't mind Rain, she's just grouchy."

"What are we learning today?" Sky repeated, talking a bit louder.

"We will tell you when River gets here. Speaking of which." Rain trailed off glaring at River who was jogging over.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry Rain I was-"

"It doesn't matter, let's just get started." Angelica said, cutting Rain off. "So, each element has their powers that work individually, but certain elements can combine their powers to create something even stronger than what they could do by themselves. One of the best combos is air and water because with the two of them we can create some pretty epic storms. Air types can sometimes do it on their own if there is enough moisture in the air and if the clouds are already full of rain, but having a water element makes it much easier. Now, we could show you, but I think you two should try and figure it out by yourselves." Angelica finished beckoning for Sky and River to try and create a storm.

"Okay... So there were plenty of storms back where I was from in Wimborne. They always started off with the wind picking up, clouds rolling in, thunder and lightning, then the rain." Sky said, looking up at the clear blue sky.

"So we have to make some rain clouds first." River said, finishing Skys thoughts.

Sky nodded and increased the wind level, attempting to blow in some clouds from the north, but they just dissipated. Well now what.

"Okay geniuses. What time of year is it?"

"Petal bloom, but its after the rainy part has passed and the warmer moon phases are starting." Sky responded, staring at Rain confusedly.

"And what happens at this time of year?"

"Oh! How could we be so stupid! The air is too warm and dry, it needs more moisture!" River said suddenly, raising his hands into the air.

"Of course! How could we not think of that!" Sky replied feeling stupid.

River then began to shoot water into the air and Sky channeled wind underneath it, swirling it higher up where it could cool down and freeze, hopefully creating some clouds. They quickly formed fluffy white clouds, but they still werent heavy enough.

"We are going to need more water!" Sky instructed , as River pushed more water into the sky, sweating in concentration.

The clouds quickly went from fluffy and white to dark and looming. Sky nodded at River to stop and increased the wind, blowing the darkening clouds around the camp. The air was now filled with the electricity of an impending storm.