Chapter 18

Sky groaned awake, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. It was still dark in her room, but she knew that she wouldn't fall back asleep. She rolled over and lit the small lamp beside her bed, casting a soft glow into her dark room. It wasnt a super bright lamp, but it gave her enough light to grab her clothes and tie he blonde hair back. Sky then picked up her bow, quiver and travel bag, before sneaking out of the quiet cabin, whispering luck to Ashe as she pulled the door shut behind her. The air outside still had that wonderful night time crispness and the grass was wet with dew. Sky took a deep breath in of the cool air and then grabbed a lantern from the main walkway, continuing on across the dark field towards the stables.

Should I be leaving so soon? It's only four am, I could hang out a while longer. Well I said my goodbyes yesterday but I know Queen Lumina wanted to see us off. I wonder if she's awake. You know what, it's fine. I'll just head to the stables, message the camp thing that I'm staying at and leave.

Sky picked up her pace, wanting to start her journey as soon as possible. When she reached the stables all the lights were dark and there were a couple shapes in the pasture. Should I knock? Sky wondered nervously. She was about to knock when she heard a voice behind her.

"You're up early."

Sky jumped and placed her hand on her heart, trying to catch her breath. "Oh my god don't sneak up on me like that, you scared me!"

"Im suprised you didnt hear me coming, I wasn't trying to be quiet."

"Oh my gosh, Queen Lumina! I'm so sorry." Sky started to curtsy but Lumina raised her hand slightly to stop her.

"It's okay Sky and there is no need for you to curtsy. Now it looks like you are wanting to leave?"

"Umm yes. I wasn't sure if I should have woken the stable-hand." Sky trailed off.

"Rachels awake. She's hanging out in the stables with the pegasi."

"Oh, thanks your Majesty."

Sky waved and headed into the stables, seeing Rachel sprawled out on the floor with one of the pegasi's head resting gently on her lap.

"Hey Rachel. Is Horizon all ready to go?"

"I can get him ready. I just have to get him outside and clip him to your carriage, but that won't take long."

"Wait, hold up? I get a carriage?"

"Ya, just a small one though, and it's open. But It's more comfortable than sitting on his back the whole time. Also, I have your other bags right? They will be sent down later today."

"Ya you do and that's awesome! Can I help at all?" Sky offered.

"Nope, the carriage is already packed. I'll meet you by the gates in about ten minutes."

Sky waved and headed back outside. Lumina was still standing by the door, but Opal had joined her now. Her blue eyes twinkled in the dying moonlight and she gave Sky a small nod in greeting.

"We will walk with you to the gates, then we have to wait here for everyone else." Lumina said as she walked alongside Sky.

"Has anyone left yet?"

"Nope. Aspen tried to leave at midnight, but I didn't let him. He will probably be here soon though. He is very eager to meet his dragon." Lumina chuckled.

"I'm super excited, but also a little nervous. What if it takes me a long time?"

"It took three weeks for Opal to find me, but it's different for every person."