XXII. the storm after the calm.

i'm sorry for leaving you waiting for this chap, i was just unsatisfied with everything i wrote--

enjoy ch. XXII ~
☺︎︎

As usual, Kakyoin kindly offered to walk you home at the end of the day, his gallant manners always making your heart flutter.

While you two were walking down the enlighted streets of Tokyo, Noriaki took your hand and curled his fingers around yours before sliding both of your hands into his coat's pocket. The warmness of his embrace was enough to make you feel safe around him, such a genuine but simple contact that provoked in you an indescribable joy taking over your body. You felt his persistent gaze amusingly inspecting every inch of your flustered face but you decided to ignore it.

Sometimes, you let yourself wander in the memories of this afternoon, still feeling Kakyoin brushing his skin against yours while his breath tickled your neck. Reminiscing these moments caused you to starve even more for his touch. However, you considered it was enough for today.

Evenings in Tokyo were your favorite part of living here. The city was illuminated by the neon lights of grocery stores' signs or big advertisement screens. As it was known for its nighttime, people appreciated going out at this time of the day: and once you tasted the enjoyment of Tokyo's streets under the bright moon, you could not get rid of it. An intense wave of serotonin struck you any time you stepped outside after seven. And this free pleasure of pure happiness was now multiplied by the company of dear Kakyoin. 

Dear Kakyoin, who still was not officially your boyfriend.

You wondered about the best way to bring the subject into a conversation, avoiding making it awkward. However, you thought it would be better to wait and see if Kakyoin will make a move first for two simple reasons:
- you were scared of what could possibly be his answer,
- you did not know how to discreetly leave hints.
Still, you were convinced the night was going to end without a single discussion about a possible relationship between you two since you could see your flat at the end of the street.

But your thoughts were quickly interrupted by Noriaki's voice.

    " - Hey y/n, who's the strange man standing in front of your flat's door? " he asked while staring at the building.

You turned your face to give him one of those stares of complete ignorance of what he was talking about. Seeing how you were lost, Kakyoin directed your sight towards the man in question by gently pushing your cheek with his index.

You only managed to see a shadow first, since the mysterious person was obviously not wearing bright-colored clothes. But after squinting your eyes then blinking several times, you recognized him.

How could you not recognize him? 

But what was the reason for his sudden visit here? That was actually the right question to ask yourself.

It has been five months since you did neither reach out to him nor encounter him, so what could he possibly want to stand here like that?

You stopped walking and froze in the middle of the street, unable to take another step. Your mind was filled with old memories you tried so hard to forget the past few months. Your grip on Kakyoin's hand tensed as your jaw clenched and the overwhelming pain you felt so many times before resurfaced at the thought of having to face him again.

    " - What's wrong, are you okay? " Kakyoin said, worried about the tear threatening to fall of your eye at any second. 

He brought his free hand up to your face and attempted to gently caress your skin but you aggressively seized his wrist before he even could. Noriaki remained here, surprised of your gesture.

After realizing what you did, you let go of his wrist and gave him a gaze full of regrets that could be enough for an apology, but you added:

   " - I'm sorry, Kakyoin. Thank you for today, I really enjoyed it. I have things to deal with right now. Go home, we'll see each other soon. "

Without leaving him the time to answer, you quickly left.

Kakyoin thought deep down, that you would turn around at least one time, to possibly greet him with a smile or a last peek before abandoning him here. But it was only to be a victim of disillusion when your blurry shadow became so small to the point it was almost impossible to distinguish you from the darkness.

You continued to walk confidently and directly towards him. After ruining your relationship, it seemed he was not done with you yet, but you finally were.

Your heart kept beating erratically while you focused on your self-control and how to control the growing anger at the sight of his face. He finally noticed you as you got the closest possible to him and he stood there, speechless. A cocky smile appeared as he checked you out, his eyes following the shape of your body through your clothes. You were already annoyed but this particularly got on your nerves. 

As you crossed your arms in front of him to make him understand that you were not so pleased to see him here, he chuckled and bent down so that he was at your level to talk (reminder, this man was ridiculously tall).

    " - Now what the hell you're doing here, Dio? "