XXIV. before sunrise.

☺︎

Tonight's bright, full moon kept you company while you walked, without having somewhere particular to go to - only to clear up your mind. One hesitant foot stepping and the other following shyly.

It was already late, the sun threatening to rise at any minute. Usually, you would have been worried to death considering the amount of work you missed as well as tomorrow's classes, but your mind was as empty as a brand new white canvas tonight, so white that it hurt your sight.

Tears filled with anger started rushing on your cheeks — you, fighting against them escaping your eyes already swollen. You wondered how you ended up in that miserable state, how you switched from a boring and repetitive routine to so many troubles at once.

You knew Dio was not worth the tears but you could not help it, paralysed between sadness, frustration and anger.

Instant regret struck you, as you hated yourself for not asking him any questions about his random arrival in your neighborhood, diving into a constant state of toxic and useless curiosity that consumed all the energy you had left.

'Why did he suddenly show up at this time? How could he know I was still going to be there?'

You stopped and slowly sat on the edge of the sidewalk, contemplating the silent roadway under a street lamp while wiping your face after deciding that Dio should not be ruining your life. He already did enough, he already caused you too much breakdowns. In fact, for the last few days, you truly understood that life was an enjoyable trip along with the right person.

And you needed that person now.

You did not even properly greet him with a good night.

You missed him so much, so suddenly.

So much that you immediately got up and started running back towards your condo.

So suddenly that you imagined meeting him again, jumping into his arms while holding onto his broad shoulders, feeling his large and warm hand gripping your back.

As you ran, almost out of breath, your heart beating erratically, you took your phone out of your coat's pocket and started scrolling in your contacts until finding the letter "K".

Kakyoin, here he is, you clicked on his name and pressed the calling button.

You impatiently waited for him to answer, but he seemed unavailable at the moment.

You tried again,

Since he was not answering your calls, you sent a message to Kakyoin telling him to come to your apartment as fast as possible, assuming he was busy right now.

You hastened your pace, fantasizing about the moment you will see him, and how you would roll your arms around him and pressing him against you, his delicious perfume leaving a mark on your clothes.

You almost arrived but noticed someone waiting in front of your door again. He seemed to be a man, sitting there alone, his head and back resting against the wall. Hoping it was not Dio still waiting for you, you approached the person carefully only to realize it was not him
at all, and that this person was slightly injured. The first thing you noticed was his nose bleeding: you quickly knelt next to him and got a tissue out of your bag. You did your best to stop the hemorrhage focusing on not hurting him, but he grabbed your chin to force you to stare at him. He noticed your worried gaze and said:

" - I know you told me to go home, but I thought you might wanna see me one more time before sunrise.. " he said while using his last strength to give you a comforting smile - somehow full of pain.

" - What happened to you, Kakyoin? "