VI. "how about working together?"

The first thing you did after escaping your class was calling Avdol. You needed to tell him right now what was the crazy thing that happened to you.

" Avdol can you hear me? " You whispered in your phone while walking in the corridor.

" y/n, what's up? " you could hear the curiosity rising in his voice.

You told him everything: the class, the wrist-thing, the "how could we forget", all down to the very last detail.

You ended up on a bench somewhere in the school complex. You did not really pay attention of where you were going exactly since all of your attention was focused on your phonecall with Avdol.

" So what are you waiting for now? Why are you running away? This is the best moment to get to know him, this is what you want, "

" I don't know I'm afraid somehow.. "

" Afraid of what? " He asked with incomprehension.

" Well, you know, I don't know where it could possibly end. I don't want it to finish like my last relashionship. I won't be able to support it. "

Reviving these memories made your heart ach. It was painful indeed.

You tried not to cry even tho you felt a tear starting to slide along your cheek: you quickly wiped it.

" Listen y/n, you're not gonna spend your life being scared of actually interacting with humans. I know you have trust issues, I know you are still affected by what happened months ago, but you gotta move on in some way. I am here to help you and I know it is hard for you, I know everything y/n but you have me by your side and I think that you forget it sometimes. Talk to him, and if he has the audacity to hurt you, I'll take care of him don't worry. "

You laughed. Avdol always had the right words to cheer you up. And he was right above all, but talking to Kakyoin was easier said than done. Though, you promised him you will give it a try.

" Call me whenever you feel sad or you wanna talk y/n, you understand? "

" Don't worry I will, I gotta go, "

" I'll see you soon, "

" I hope so. " you said before hanging up.

You looked at your phone: 12:35AM, it was time to eat, even though you were not really hungry.

You got the lunchbox you prepared this morning with your sketchbook just to avail of this little break school offered you. You put your meal next to you and started drawing. You were sitting in front of the garden of the school complex: it was a small flower field of daisies, maybe maintained by students. It was really pretty, indeed. You were wondering why you never knew this place before. 'Anyway...', as your sketch was finally becoming something that made sense looking at it, you glanced around you: you were alone here.

' I guess I was not the only one who did not know this place existed. ' You thought.

But you were wrong.

So wrong.

The second after you said this, someone appeared, but not a random someone unfortunately.

'Out of everyone, it had to be him. It feels like the universe wants us to meet.'

Kakyoin was standing here, not far from where you were sitting. He did not seem to behold you, he looked lost actually.

'Should I talk to him right now? He maybe needs help, or maybe not...' You sighed.

But it was already too late, the red-haired boy finally saw you.

His eyes seemed to shine as he met yours. A bright smile appeared on his face as he was walking towards you.

You started to panic. Each step he made, your heart beat faster. You pretended to be calm and relaxed while continuing your drawing.

You noticed a shadow growing more and more just in front of you. This is when you looked up.

" Do you know why it is so empty here? " Kakyoin said, as you remained post in your thoughts, looking at him intensely.

As the guy was still waiting for your answer, he decided to break this deafening silence.

" I'm sorry to interrupt you in your work, " he made a break before continuing: " Does the flower field inspire you? Tell me if I'm wrong but does this represent pain, or a trauma? It radiates a strong message though, "

He was right.

" Exactly. We cannot hide anything from you. " You simply answered. Still, you were amazed about how he directly understood the meaning of your drawing.

You did not really like talking about your artworks since it was often related to your past and all the stuffs that happened to you the past few years. Kakyoin seemed to understand this as he did not ask another question.

He just sat next to you.

You felt so stressed as you saw him right next to you. Your face just became red as you tried not to look at him avoiding any eye contact.

He took out of his light-brown bagpack his sketchbook as well as watercolours and pincels.

You tried to look at what he was doing. He started to paint with a delicate hand the field in front of us. You were amazed by his technique and could not stop thinking about how you sucked at watercolouring. The way he was holding the pincel, the way he made it slide gently against the paper, it was hyptnotizing you.

" It's amazing how you work with watercolours. " You could not stay silent in front of so much skills.

" It took a lot of practice to be honest but it's worth it. There's something about watercolours...- "

" -... that make it so pleasant to manipulate, right? " You finished his sentence.

" Exactly ! " He almost yelled with a quite high-pitched voice, looking at you with a wide smile. It made you laugh: he blushed a bit, so did you. He cleared his voice before continuing:

" I learnt it by myself, watching videos and tutorials, "

" I tried watching videos but it did not even help me. I'm hopeless at this point. " You sighed.

" Well, how about working together? "

" Working togeth- ? " You did not realize what he just proposed you.

" Yeah well I mean I- " he mumbled.

" That actually seems like a good idea, Kakyoin, " You finally answered as your cheeks were glowing red.

" I could maybe help you on improvising yourself and we could also get to know each other.. I mean it you want to of course, " he said wavering.

" I'd love to. " You said. You were actually really happy he proposed this.

He just smiled and turned, continuing to paint and contemplating the flowers, looking incredibly handsome effortlessly. You kept staring at him, trying to contain the smile that was growing on your face. He seemed nice, indeed; still you struggled to open up. You were scared somehow; however you thought you could actually trust Kakyoin.