XXIII. leave me.

fanart by unluckykay

☺︎︎

    " - Now, what the hell you're doing here, Dio? "

He stood there, staring at you while a small smirk appeared on his lips.

It has been a long time since your eyes laid on his face - not that you missed it. Dio Brando was, to say the least, still the same handsome bastard you left previously. He was wearing a white shirt as well as a red tie he had loosened up, probably because he came here after work. He held his long brown coat on one arm; you thought it was immature to be out there without properly wearing a coat considering the seasonal weather, but you did not care about him anyway. He was still as immature as before. His blond hair seemed to fly following the wind: his previous mullet cut grew a lot since the last time you saw him.

So many things changed, yet the way he looked at you still remained the same which startled you. It did not make sense since he was supposed to be the one to not love you anymore - or you thought. He cheated on you, but that would not necessarily mean he did not love you anymore? Nevertheless, he would have never done such a disrespectful thing if he truly loved you. Cheating, an unforgivable action that only unrespectful human beings do.

Dio's eyes kept locked with yours in a way that you could not look at anything else exept him. You stayed hypnotised by his redish orbs, time stopping, everything becoming lifeless around you.

It was almost as if you stared at his soul, an intimate bubble forming around you two to protect you from this unique moment - the result of an old passionate relationship.

From his body emanated a lustful aura, deep and strong, which seemed to tell he would do anything to satiate his own desires. It could scare more than one to encounter someone that determined in life. His confidence was truly intimidating; still you got used to it - everyone could get used to it easily.

    " - Long time no see, y/n. " he replied, his deep voice contrasting with his (somehow) comforting tone.

Hearing him since so long sent you shivers all across your body as you could swear his voice got deeper by the time.

    " - You know I don't wanna see you. "

    " - And you know, I got tired of never seeing you. " he almost whispered, getting closer to your ear while replacing a hair strand behind it, to make sure you could understand his statement. His hand gently carressed your jaw; you felt his breath tickling your neck.

    " - Don't fucking touch me. "

As he was not here to start an argument, Dio let go and you continued:

    " - What you're saying is none of my concern. Now leave, I just wanna go home. " words painfully escaped your mouth, noticing that Dio was not ready to give up yet. He placed a hand on your door, blocking you with his left arm to forbid you from entering your condo.

In fact you hoped for only one thing: that Dio would apologize tonight. Since the break up, you never heard one sorry or seen an ounce of regret from him. Nonetheless, you were convinced it was irrealistic, but still:

    " - Listen y/n, I...

      - You never apoogized.

      - apologize? " he repeated, raising his eyebrows in confusion.

    " - Oh right, forgot the lexical set of apology isn't part of your vocabulary. " you sighed in annoyance than continued, " Please, make sure I don't meet you here again when I come back, I need some fresh air now that I saw you. "

You turned away and started to walk towards you without caring about where were you going. The mission was only to escape from this whole disturbing conversation.

    " - I'm sorry, y/n. I apologize. For everything ! " Dio shouted, as his voice echoed in the empty streets.

How inconsiderate to scream when people might be sleeping, proving again Brando's exceptionnal immaturity. But what bothered you more was his apologies.

You suddenly stopped and turned around, hoping it was the last time you would, and replied:

    " - You don't even mean it.

      - I meant it. I meant every word that came out of my mouth.

      - It's too late anyway. Leave. Just, leave me alone. "

Dio faced his first defeat, and he was aware he lost you forever. Despite the fact that he cheated on you, he still knew you, and he knew you weren't joking right now. He was helpless, as he didn't show any reaction.

    " - I'm still gonna stay here for a few minutes, in case you change your mind " he tried to get your attention one last time.

    " - That's useless. "

Your shadow perfectly blended in the darkness while Brando's eyes followed you until you disappeared.

...
i'll probably update soon since chapter 24 is almost ready