40. Jennifer's Body

We waited. We waited because we knew exactly what she would do.

She had been playing her way into Derek's heart, I saw it. The night Boyd died, she was dragged in because she's been appealing to Derek. Why? What does a darach want with an alpha? Another thing was missing, motive. Why does teacher Jennifer Blake want so much power?

Like me she could just generate it naturally, but assuming so much power, why is she going so far? Who is next to be killed?

I stood next to Scott and Stiles whilst Jennifer attempted to seduce Derek to her side. Once we revealed herself she started to claim that we had no proof and that everything we have been saying had been false.

"What if I could prove it?" I questioned. "In druidry, we have substances that we can use and can be used against us. Yet so many people choose to over look it."

"Mistletoe?" Jennifer realised.

She attempted to move as Scott threw the jarred mistletoe over her, Scott got her of course.

It revealed her true identity. Pale, scarred flesh. A werewolf scratch, it was unmissable. No hair. It looked androgynous. However whilst everyone looked disgusted I looked in curiosity. She had been using the sacrifices to cover her appearance. I would want to cover myself up if I looked like that as well. The motive has to be revenge, the question remains.

Revenge against who? From when?

After Jennifer was revealed to be the darach, she was being throttled by Derek mercilessly. His knuckles turned white and red appropriately whilst he looked like he was going to crush her throat.

"I'm the only one who can save your sister."

You sneaky little...

That's why. That's why I couldn't help Cora, it was Jennifer all along, Aiden just weakened her enough to make her spiral.

Derek resumed choking her again until she told Stiles that he will never see his father again, Scott, Stiles and I all pleaded Derek to let her go.

"Yeah that's right. You need me," she smirks out on the floor clutching at her throat.

"You all need me."

"I dont know something feels wrong about this, we proved it to Derek but she still had this look on her face like it didnt matter. Like it was all going according to plan. You saw it didnt you?"

I leaned forward from the backseat as far as the seatbelt allowed, "because it is. Think of it like chess. We are moving our pawns around in the dark trying to stumble into her, whilst she is setting up checkmate and taking out best pieces."

"She has more power than scan imagine. She knows more than us. She has blackmail, your father is at her whim and Cora Hale can die any moment. I'm missing motive and end result. We will get him back Stiles."

"How?" He questioned in the rear view mirror.

"Together," Scott said with a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

With that we drove to follow exactly what she wants. Let's hope we see her move.

————————————————————————

Authors note:

I'm generally not a fan of these so I'll keep it brief.

Thank you all for 10k reads, appreciate it all. Thanks all those who vote every new chapter, I notice you all in my notifications.

This is just a thing I write to help me sleep but I'm glad so many have enjoyed.

Thanks again, stay safe and enjoy 💙.