47. Abnormal Normality

It felt strange to have everything become calm all at once. No werewolves murdering the town and no homicide. It made life seem so mundane and ordinary, as if something was wrong.

I am forever baffled at the way that time changes all of us. I'd have never thought that I'd be an advisor to a pack, considering I used to kill them. Violently. Often.

One recurring lesson remained; you carve out your own path.

Whilst being forced into being a hunter, I was convinced that I was born to kill violent supernatural creatures, like some glorified police. Yet, I'd be frightened to find out how many of those wolves I killed were innocent. Gerard and Kate never wanted peace, harmony and balance. They wanted power, control and dominance over those who threatened them.

Perhaps that's why I was so young when I was indoctrinated. If they wanted power and control, they'd have to convince me of my role from young. All part of the cliche; everybody is the hero in their own story. So I'd never have figured out that my life is mine to direct, and how I wish to help others is for me to decide.

Look at it. I have been speaking to an amazing guy, I'm pursing a career I'm naturally passionate about and I'm slowly gaining friends (albeit a slow process).

Strange reflections for a Friday morning, I'd agree. However, if I fully listened to Stiles theorise about Batman in Beacon Hills vs supernatural creatures any longer, I'd put a mask on myself.

"Right?" He finished.

I smiled at his antics, "I'm taking you on a date tonight. Be ready by 7, no need to dress up fancy. Just bring yourself."

Stiles head tilted.

"A date?"

"Yes, a date," I caressed his face and allowed my thumb to rub his cheek, "finally have time to romance the guy I like a little."

Stiles started turning into a blabbing idiot, just noises and sounds escaping his mouth. I pulled his collar towards me to engage his lips in a soft kiss.

"7 o'clock, tonight," I said after I disengaged our lips.

Stiles, dazed, nodded enthusiastically. I got out of the car and went over to where Danny was waiting for me.

My friendship with Danny was so special to me. He's one of the nicest people I've met, so genuine, and a great laugh everyday. I just hope that Danny can find that boyfriend he needs, someone who will care for him and protect him. I hope that he can find that with Ethan. As I know he could protect Danny, if he didn't, he will find himself in need of protection. 

Danny stood up straight, after leaning on the wall, and adjusting his clothes before I approached. He walked up to me with extended arms waiting for my embrace. I hugged him tightly, Danny still stinking of Armani. 

We exchanged welcomes and pleasantries as we walked, Danny had a sense of normality when I was around him. He didn't have to know what I've done and what I had been through. He just needed to know that I'm there for him. 

"Someone is glowing today," Danny said. 

I raised my eyebrows at him, "I've got a hot date tonight." 

Oh thats cool what do you have planned 

INSERT VERY BAD DATE PLAN HERE 

Atticus no. You cannot (DO BAD DATE) for your first date with Stiles. 

I dont know what to do, Ive never been on a date which wasnt just a dinner out.