3. Whisperings

I didn't want to go to a high school. I didn't need to, being homeschooled is more effective. Sure it tarnished my social abilities, but I'd rather be smarter than have more friends.

Still. Chris insisted I at least tried to live a normal life. Good luck with that. You've spent my whole life training me to murder monsters. That ship had sailed.

I got a ride with Lydia and Allison. Getting to meet Lydia for the first time. She seemed extremely insecure but attempted so much to hide behind her wall. Despite this I admired her strength and her sass. I could see me being able to tolerate her.

Walking into the building, the three of us each didn't want to be there. Me and Allison from the reputation of my mother being exposed whilst Lydia's being about her psychotic break. Nevertheless, Lydia put on her brave face a strutted down the halls with me and Allison following her.

After Allison pointed me in the rough direction to the reception and me retrieving my schedule. I made my way to get changed for gym class.

I approached the only old looking man there assuming he must be the teacher.

"Hello sir," he turned to me and gave me a confused looked. "I'm Atticus Argent, I just started today. Apologies for being late."

Then everyone looked at me. The mention of my last name was enough to start the whispering of my mom. Of course. Just what I wanted, not even half an hour in. Choruses of comments harmonised in perfect torment.

"First of all, call me coach. Second of all, don't be late again. And third, you ever played lacrosse?" Coach barked at me as if I wasn't standing right next to him.

Attempting to ignore the spraying mouth of the coach, I shook my head.

"Fine. Go do a lap and when you come back, you can watch and learn how it's played."

To which I went quite quickly. One lap wasn't anything to me. I shamefully enjoyed running. By the time I got back, I saw wonky jaw the beta tackle a boy to the ground. That's got to hurt.

Only among further inspection was it the boy who's camera memory I snapped. I couldn't help the sides of my mouth tugging up to smile in amusement. I sat on the bleachers whilst Scott tackles everyone, to the coaches frustration.

I was looking forward to see how it usually was ran. I knew Stiles was up next. As entertaining as it would be I doubt Scott is going to tackle the thin teenager to the ground. Before he could have a go, the police marched up to the field.

Strolling over to Stiles and dragging him to the side I asked "what is going on?"

Surprise and slight worry on his face he replied "you're...you're...."

"Atticus Argent. Kate Argents son. Now answer my question," I demanded calmly.

"But do you know?" Stiles queried. Making me want hit my or his head on something.

"My last name is Argent, what do you think?" I tilted my head dumbfounded by his stupidity.

Almost a little dazed, Stiles replied "I think you have incredibly minty breath and mysterious eyes."

I replied with the arching of my eyebrow. It all flooded out of Stiles then. The innocent teen practically melted under my eyes. About the new wolf Scott could sense and how it seemed to be that boy who's being taken away by police.

I had begun to worry. A fresh beta under incorrect supervision. This could get messy.

"Wait you're Atticus, Allison's cousin. Thanks for the heads up at the funeral," puppy eyed Scott said without thinking. I didn't want to hear about the funeral another time.

Rolling my eyes and tightening my shorts whilst telling dumb and dumber "you should not have been there. You really should not be involved in any of this" I deadpanned. "This is dangerous business and you're both going to get hurt".

I start to walk away before Robin, aka Stiles called out to me. "Why do you care if we get hurt?".

"Well, sidekick. You are innocent and defenceless. As for Scott, I know you and Allison are together. I know everything. Allison trusts me, meaning I trust her." I glare at them both. "You don't have to trust me, you don't have to like me. Just stay away from matters which don't concern you."

With that, I went to get changed.