24. Gifts

Here we are again. It had felt like not even a day since I was last here getting questioned by Melissa McCall about my arm. Yet, the absence of my auntie really drove home how much had things had changed.

Allison who was initially opposing Gerard and I on his side, our roles had now switched. Gerard I doubt realises my switch. Issac and I had gotten closer, well I wasn't slicing him alive. Scott and Stiles were no longer considered thorns in my side.

Just goes to show that the only thing constant in anyone's life is the fact that everything is always changing.

Something that hadn't changed much was Jackson. Whilst masters had changed to Gerard, he's still lethal. A lethal threat that needs to be controlled. It was my duty to keep people safe, because I could means that I should.

I was standing between the bleachers when Stiles came running my way. I took him by his lacrosse jersey and pull him to the side.

"You never run? What's wrong?" I asked concerned but also a little sarcastic. Stiles came across almost proud at my attempt.

With that same faint pride lingering, "coach is playing me, I'm not on the bench" the poor boy was so jittery. His limbs flailing about not knowing what to do with himself, clearly not having much experience.

"Stiles" I called to him as he seemed to already be back in his head battling his inner demons. "Breath. You're gonna be okay"

The hyperactive teen didn't stop his actions. He needed to calm down or this boy was going to make me feel uncomfortable.

I looked around briefly checking no one was looking our way. I pulled Stiles to a more private spot and connected our lips again, just like after I dropped him home.

He was slow to react to my gesture but slowly his smooth firm lips kissed back having a passionate back and forth.

"So what was you running to get?" I asked once I pulled away. A small smile formed on my face when I saw that the boy wasn't just calmer but in awe of the situation. To be honest, I'm still in shock myself.

"Mm...my helmet" he muttered out more out of disbelief than his nerves.

With my hand on his shoulder I suggested that he goes and grabs his helmet otherwise they'll start without him.

Stiles started to walk away but before he could get completely out of site I called to him.

"Go get them Batman"

I directed my attention to finding somewhere to sit, god knows I wasn't sitting next to Gerard. I saw Melissa in the stands and went over to the friendly face.

She greeted me in a maternal nature. She smiled and shuffled along allowing me to sit next to her. Immediately she grabbed my arm and pulled up the sleeve of my denim jacket.

"I'm just as human as you".

Her expression seemed embarrassed, almost ashamed that she tried to find out. She was taking the supernatural thing hard. It was refreshing to see. Everyone else around me embarrassed everyday is Halloween.

I changed the topic to the hospital where she worked, just as the veterinarian advised. We began discussing her job as well as my aspirations to do the same, if not a higher position. Ms McCall offered me advice and guidance on how to get there, she made a funny remark about how I'd have no issue stomaching some of the tough visuals.

I asked if there could be any positions available at the hospital, a foot in the door. Whilst she was sympathetic, there was not much of a place for a child in a hospital. However, after noticing my physique, she suggested I was a porter. It didn't pay much and it wasn't much experience, but it was something. Just moving someone from ward to ward.

We exchanged numbers so we could keep in touch. Before the game started I had a little bit of advice for Melissa.

"Just like you have the amazing gift of helping people get better, Scott has a gift of being able to save people in his own way".

Me and Melissa supported the team, mainly Stiles and Issac. It was entertaining watching Issac maul the majority of Beacon Hills High School's lacrosse team in order to get Scott playing it seemed. As coach went ballistic on the bench at Mr Lahey, Issac got taken out by Jackson Whittemore.

It looked rough. However if I had his healing abilities I wouldn't fear a shoulder tackle.

What I did fear was the men following Issac into the boys locker rooms. I only recognised them because they're fellow hunters themselves. They're going to kill Issac.

I didn't have time to grab any weapons, I didn't have that luxury. I dismissed myself from Melissa by 'just going to the bathroom'. I'm not going to be dumb and take the time to grab a weapon.

Especially as I notice Scott McCall following me in, they've got no chance.

As Issac was cowering on the floor on the locker room, stinking of sweat, perspiration and desperation, he quickly grinned upon seeing the Calvary.

Whilst Scott when for throwing them against the wall, my one guard I disarmed and drove the full magazine into his head.

Gerard's wrinkled face didn't share the sentiment of Issac when he saw us. His face screwed up into a ball and walked off.

I attended straight to Issac whilst I told Scott to hold down the fort. He was fine yet I needed to check. I took his top off which made him smirk but his cheek didn't get a rise out of me. I wanted to check for the neurotoxin, see if Jackson was using his Kanima abilities yet.

Issac was all well and healthy. Unfortunately, by the time I'm done checking out.....I mean checking over Issac, the game is over and screams find their way into the locker room.