9. Interigation

Well isn't this a situation.

Coming to terms about liking guys, yet after school, I have to watch the guy I kissed sitting on the bench. What's worse? I'm with my homophobic 'Grandpa', watching a game I have little interest in.

Lacrosse was odd. It baffled me why it's such a big thing in this school. Weird variation of field hockey. It's brutality looked amazing, entertaining almost. Although, if I wanted to watch brutality, I'd ask Gerard what he's planning.

Walking to the pitch behind Gerard and Allison, I'm texting Danny. Simply wishing him luck for the game. He kept asking me to cheer for him, maybe. Perhaps a clap. If I'm feeling very supportive.

I appreciated Danny's advice today. I had never expected such kindness from someone who doesn't know me. I respected that. Not only that, Danny was intelligent. Sitting next to him in physics, he's almost as good as me.

Approaching the bleachers I spot nurse McCall. She dazzles a gleaming smile over at me and waves. She's such a mom, a pretty one nonetheless. Until, she had done something I wouldn't expect. She signalled for me to come over.

Walking over with my boots impaling the dirt as I make my way over was interrupted by a hyperactive spaz.

After everything that happened, I'm not sure I was ready to face Stiles.

"Yes Robin?" I arch an eyebrow as I look at him neutrally.

His positive demeanour turned into a more quiet awkward one at my cold reception.

"You feel awkward about the other night, huh? Well it's new for me too hunter." Stiles said with a small look of hurt. "I don't regret what happened do you?"

"No" Almost instantly, I replied. Stiles' face lifted from its dreary state at my response. "I don't regret breaking down that barrier Stiles. It just confirmed what I think we both knew."

Rubbing the back of his shaven head, Stiles eventually spoke up. "So what do we do about this?" This really was new territory.

"Like I always have been trained," I took a step closer shortening the distance between us. Not enough to make it look like we were being intimate but enough to make Stiles nervous. "Scout out the new territory and don't make any drastic moves until you better understand what's at stake."

With that I gently blew my minty breath in his face, pat his shoulder and walked over to Miss McCall waiting for me at the bleachers. Leaving Stiles dazed.

"Hello Miss McCall. Are you doing well?" I say with a small smile. I admire her kindness, she deserves a small smile from me.

She gave a smile which faltered. I knew something was happening so I immediately got defensive, she was about to talk about something uncomfortable.

"Please call me Melissa, and I actually wanted to ask you that Atticus," Melissa stated pouring confusion onto my face. "When I was giving you stitches the other day, I couldn't help but notice how clean and precise the wound was. It's just that, it was so clean that it didn't look like an accident."
"Like I said then, was just an accident. Melissa. Whilst I appreciate your concern, I can assure you that I'm not harming myself on purpose."

With that I walked away, knowing what her next question was. We both knew part of that was true. It wasn't me intentionally hurting myself, it was others. However; it's training. Makes me stronger, better than others.

The game went on. Occasionally watching people get shoulder tackled to the ground. Watching Stiles wink at me as Allison passed him something.

All going smoothly until Scott was tackled to the ground and I heard bone snap.

Me and Allison both sprinted over, I instantly recognising the issue that's about to occur. Allison wanting to check on her secret werewolf lover, how romantic. Even though he was healed almost instantly.

Scott and Allison exchanged words about his leg, to which I go over and snap back into position in one swift motion.

"Why'd you do that?" Allison in a whisper screamed at me.

Scott piped up, "so it looks like nothing broke because people would've noticed otherwise." Thankfully he's not completely moronic.

Everyone came over and checked if his leg was broken, but of course it wasn't. Only to have Gerard come wishing over and inviting him to dinner.

Gerard definitely has a plan.