11. Faceoff

My lungs stretch out to capture my breath, still overwhelmed by the events that occurred. My hands surrender it's firm grip on my battle axe and take a sigh of relief. The immediate threat has retreated back. Wounded allies and foes recuperate, yet all is not peaceful when you're still with foe.

I throw the arm of a worn out Stiles over my shoulder and allow him to lean his weight on me whilst he regains his energy back. He tells me about what he did for Derek. Part of me wishes he just let Derek drop and worried about himself but that's not in Stiles' nature. However, worse case scenario, he would need Derek to try and survive.

Scott, Stiles and I stood in front of a laptop displaying some ancient language. Why couldn't Gerard just go with something easier?

"Is that even a language?" Stiles says looking as confused as I'm feeling.

Scott adding, "how are we supposed to figure out what this thing is?"

"It's call the Kanima," walking over with purpose. Derek and a girl walked over which broke my heart a little.

It was Erica.

She became a werewolf for the health benefits. I couldn't begin to understand her struggles with her health. Yet, putting a target on your back for every hunter to come and pursue. With Derek she may have companionship and better health. Is it worth being hunted and the lunar event effects?

She glanced over to me and faltered for a second. She knew I was a hunter and she was the hunted. I'm sure Erica remembered what I did for her a little while back. Does she regret it? She seems confused. As if she doesn't understand what she's signed up to.

I'm already immediately annoyed at Derek. Turning teenagers. Who does he think he is? Doing this to them, ruining their lives. Soon to be filled with so much pain and suffering.  All in the hunt for power.

Not even paying attention to the conversation, just mentions of the Kanima. It not knowing who or what it is. Which is very untypical of most creatures I've encountered. Werejaguars at least knew their identity. The Kanima was something disturbed. Something wasn't right about the Kanima, I'm determined to attempt to figure out what it is

I was just thinking to myself until Derek turned away.

"Derek!" Scott called to the alpha. "We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argent's." Scott looks at me and slightly raises an eyebrow and I just stare at him, clicking my jaw whilst chewing gum.

Stepping forward Derek's face morphs into one of anger and hate. "You trust them!?" He raises his voice.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I square up face to face with Derek. Ready to kill his werewolf ass if he tries to make a move. He flashed his red eyes into my silvery blue, attempting to intimate me. I've seen more alpha eyes then I have warm dinners.

"I don't trust you," I stated. My minty breath noticed by Derek's twitch of his nose.

"Nobody trusts anyone," Scott interrupted.

I only full calmed down upon Stiles pulling my arm lightly back. I stepped away from Derek noticing Erica doing the same to him.

"That's the problem. Whilst we're here arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier stronger and faster out there. And it's killing people and we still don't know anything about it!" Scott raised his voice, asserting his opinion to Derek. Occasionally looking back at me and Stiles. Our hands intertwined but I never paid much attention to it.

"I know one thing. When I find it, I'm gonna kill it." Derek announced and walked away with Erica by his side.