4. Training

Hearing Allison scream, for no apparent reason, annoyed me. Why not just tie her up without the life threatening voice messages?  I've had my emotional trauma but this was on the rough side. Did they really have to put her in a life or death situation for a chair escape exercise? Stupid.

On the spot my silvery blue eyes looked at Allison with apologetic undertones tattooed on.  Only really changing when Chris spoke about the men being trained as soldiers. That's when my face went back to emotionless, until Chris walked away timing her escape.

"Arrow to the leg? Interesting choice," I spoke softly approaching Allison wanting to discuss her role in Issac's escape the night before.

"Did you...."

I shook my head in response "you had my back Allison, now I have yours" our eyes met and she gave me a weak smile. Still distressed from the trauma of the chair scenario.

"I need you to promise me something," ominously I asked my cousin still tied to the chair. "Don't push me away. If you need help ask, especially when your life is at risk. You certainly don't have to trust Gerard, but count on me."

She analysed my face, looking for trends or patterns behind an emotionless representation.
"Would you go against family? The ones who trained you?" She countered, knowing that fine lines have been drawn. Wanting to know where I stand.

Squatting down to eye level "I follow the code. If the innocent are in danger, I'll be there," I commented my jaw clicking occasionally from still chewing gum. "Gerard isn't playing by rules Allison, he declared it himself. My loyalty no longer lies entirely with him."

With that I went behind my cousin, taking the arrow out of her hand and took a small chunk out of the rope that bound her hands. "That'll save you half an hour," I pat her shoulder and walk out of the building.

————————————————————————

The next day in gym, rock climbing was the activity of choice. Having never getting the chance to do it previously, I was anxious to try. I went up first, purely from curiosity. I thought it was no challenge.

Upon reaching the bottom I was greeting by praises from my coach and impressed looks from my 'friends'. Well: Allison, Scott and Lydia were impressed. Stiles looked more annoyed than anything. He actually amused me.

"Don't say anything," Stiles said in an annoyed tone. His jealously caused me a special kind of happiness.

Scott and Allison were called up to the rock wall, to which I replied to Stiles "I didn't have to, Robin." With that he crossed his arms and sulked like a chimp monk. Lydia smirked at me and offered me a high-five. I accepted this and crossed my arms fairly chuffed with myself. Stiles only quit sulking when Scott came nearly crashing to the floor after Allison kicked him off. You can tell we are related.

Strutting back gleaming with pride, I offered my cousin the 'look'. She done well, showing wolf boy who's boss.

We all stood watching Stiles, also known as Robin, complete the rock wall in average time. The blonde girl next to him seeming to have frozen in fear. It was only when it was mentioned that she was epileptic that I worried.

Seeing that coach could do nothing more than shout up to the girl immobilised with fear, I took matters into my own hands. I started climbing up the same rock wall until I met the girl where she was. I was bombarded by coach's threats due to the lawsuit he saw happening. As I wasn't wearing so much as a helmet.

I turned to the girl I was just below and spoke calmly to her, "hey, I'm Atticus. Can you tell me your name?" attempting to distract her from the situation.

"E...Erica," she mumbled back.

I took a few chews of my gum before replying. "Okay Erica. I know we have just met but you need to trust me okay? As I have my hands full holding onto the wall, I need you wrap your arm around my neck."

She looked down slightly at my blonde hair and into my eyes. Slowly she wrapped her arms around me (her legs as well for good measure) and we slowly climbed down the wall. Where she hugged me at the bottom. Not really being used to interactions, I hugged her back awkwardly.

Everyone laughed as Erica walked away embarrassed at what just happened.